Stuck on Fastboot menu

elsparko

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

I am not any bit technical so forgive my stupidity!

I have an original HTC Desire. It was sluggish so I decided to power off and restart. I pressed the power button and put the phone down. Then about an hour later I came back to it and it had the Fastboot screen showing. I think it was connected to my Windows 7 computer throughout this process.

None of the buttons - volume up/down or power - are active on the screen so I can't select any options.

The phone has never been modified in any way and has the latest official Vodafone (Ireland) software version. It was not dropped or wet or anything else.

Any advice please?

Many thanks

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello all,

I have an original HTC Desire. It was sluggish so I decided to power off and restart. I pressed the power button and put the phone down. Then about an hour later I came back to it and it had the Fastboot screen showing. I think it was connected to my Windows 7 computer throughout this process.

None of the buttons - volume up/down or power - are active on the screen so I can't select any options.

The phone has never been modified in any way and has the latest official Vodafone (Ireland) software version. It was not dropped or wet or anything else.

Any advice please?

Many thanks

Have you tried pulling the battery out and replacing it then restarting the device?

Hanbeeg

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

Any advice please?

Many thanks
Try again with your SD card removed if you have any.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress