android.process.acore stopped unexpectedly

ma-diva

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I am hoping that I am not the only person that is having this repeated problem.

On Nov 6 I bought an Eris for my husband's birthday. Worked beautifully and we both fell in love with it. About a week later, his started with the message "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." with the Force close button. This happened when accessing the phone application. Took it back and Verizon did a hard reset. Worked fine for another week or so. Then crashed again. Still within the 30 days, so got a new phone. This past weekend his phone crashed again- leading me to believe it was a software issue, i.e. something he downloaded, but we have the same apps and mine was working fine.

Went to Verizon again and now have his 3rd Eris. Came back to my desk to find my phone had no service and the dreaded message appears when attempting to access the phone. His phone is right next to mine so I know that there is service in the area.

HELP! Love the phone but after not even a month, the troubles seem to be out weighing the benefits. Suggestions?

equus

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site

On Nov 6 I bought an Eris for my husband's birthday. Worked beautifully and we both fell in love with it. About a week later, his started with the message "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." with the Force close button. This happened when accessing the phone application. Took it back and Verizon did a hard reset. Worked fine for another week or so. Then crashed again. Still within the 30 days, so got a new phone. This past weekend his phone crashed again- leading me to believe it was a software issue, i.e. something he downloaded, but we have the same apps and mine was working fine.

Went to Verizon again and now have his 3rd Eris. Came back to my desk to find my phone had no service and the dreaded message appears when attempting to access the phone. His phone is right next to mine so I know that there is service in the area.

HELP! Love the phone but after not even a month, the troubles seem to be out weighing the benefits. Suggestions?

Let me get this right>>> each of you have your own Eris right?
Yours is fine and his is having this issue?
Replaced it three times and come up with the exact error message?
has your husband downloaded any apps from the Market? IF he has have him delete everyone of them and then remove battery for a minute and re-install battery and try it that way FIRST.

ma-diva

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
He now has a brand new phone and no apps installed. I'm going to suggest it stays that way for a bit to see what happens.

I came back from returning his and now mine has come up with the same messages. Will try dumping apps before I go to the store.

Thanks

equus

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
He now has a brand new phone and no apps installed. I'm going to suggest it stays that way for a bit to see what happens.

I came back from returning his and now mine has come up with the same messages. Will try dumping apps before I go to the store.

Thanks
hate to say this there are quite a few "rogue" apps at the Market :mad: as the old saying goes>>>buyer beware<<<<

ma-diva

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
just tried to access marketplace;my downloads.... Got the message "network error occurred. retry or cancel...." Phone is not registering a cell signal so tried wifi and get the message "application Settings (process com.android,settings) has stopped unexpectedly

equus

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
just tried to access marketplace;my downloads.... Got the message "network error occurred. retry or cancel...." Phone is not registering a cell signal so tried wifi and get the message "application Settings (process com.android,settings) has stopped unexpectedly

OK,OK, lets try this ..dial *228, then select option 2.......then post here. I think you have a problem with cell coverage. Where are you located?

equus

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Try this>>> dial &228>>>option 3>>>>follow the prompts ( it will ask for phone number_____ then it will ask for last four SSN of account holder____then let it do its registration all over again. Turn OFF phone for a minute>>>> then dial *228>>>option 1_____follow prompt>>>>then dial *228>>>>option 2_______then follow prompt........and THEN post here to let us know IF you have cell coverage FIRST.........without cell coverage Wi-Fi will not respond as it needs to see if that phone is registered on VZW's network first. I have run into this many many times before. Some of the VZW store people are shall we say "lazy".......

ma-diva

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
can't dial......
When I open the phone app I get "android.process.acore stopped unexpectedly" followed by force close. I know it's not cell coverage because I have my husbands new phone with me and his has full signal strength.

equus

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site

That specific error is caused by FaceBook application.........donot use facebook IF you are using. Delete or uninstall ANY upgrades you did. Just researched this!!.

equus

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
can't dial......
When I open the phone app I get "android.process.acore stopped unexpectedly" followed by force close. I know it's not cell coverage because I have my husbands new phone with me and his has full signal strength.

OK, can you remove the battery for a minute and then retry please. I will be here for a while so don't worry :cool:

ma-diva

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I have done this several times already since it started acting up. Whole bunch of pop ups...
1st process com.google.process.gapps has stopped---force close
process com.google.prcess.gapps again force close
process com.android.phone stopped----force close
application antivirus (process com.antivirus) stopped force close

Still can't access phone dial pad

equus

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I have done this several times already since it started acting up. Whole bunch of pop ups...
1st process com.google.process.gapps has stopped---force close
process com.google.prcess.gapps again force close
process com.android.phone stopped----force close
application antivirus (process com.antivirus) stopped force close

Still can't access phone dial pad
Umm, have you installed anti-virus programs? I honestly believe you have a major conflict with an installed APP. Can you atleast access the settings>>> then do reset, which means it wipe your device of all apps and data and then we can start fresh? let me know if you are willing to do that.
Almost forgot, please remove the SD card, DONOT install it till we can get the phone to work.

Last edited:

ma-diva

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
do you think the device is recoverable or since i'm within the 30 days should I get a new device and start fresh.
worried about a hard reset screwing up the phone. Heard rumors that if you hard reset, you're done for.

equus

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
do you think the device is recoverable or since i'm within the 30 days should I get a new device and start fresh.
worried about a hard reset screwing up the phone. Heard rumors that if you hard reset, you're done for.
No nothing wrong with that. Give this a try and if it works then you are OK.....If NOT hey you can get a new device and start fresh and please DONOT install any anti-virus stuff, its all too much hype, trust me......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XCman