Eris Cannot Play Youtube Videos

MasonMI

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
This is my first time going into You Tube videos and when i click on a video it says Cannot Play Video, Sorry this video cannot be played on all of them is there a setting i need to change to play the videos?

tada1096

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
i have the same problem. i have tried at least 50 videos and none of then work. I have only had this problem for the last couple weeks when i first go the phone they worked then just all of the sudden nothing works.

redman213

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
i have the same problem. i have tried at least 50 videos and none of then work. I have only had this problem for the last couple weeks when i first go the phone they worked then just all of the sudden nothing works.

Yeah I get this on mine and my sisters Eris's. I think it might be a location thing if only some of us are having the problem cause the videos work for me on wifi but not on EVDO. I live in Seattle.

MasonMI

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
I've tried several other videos on youtube i even connected to wifi and i still cant play any youtube videos is there a setting that i need to change? Could this be a defect in my phone?

CJBullitt

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Ok so when I am in 3g they either dont play at all or they only play in low quality, if I am in my wifi they work fine and in High quality. I don't know sounds like someone needs to take a shorter lunch and fix the issue lol.

KickedAsh

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I read somewhere that the YouTube App has an inherent miss directed address, and that the 2.? update coming soon will address this problem. The simple fix is to browse to the YouTube site, then watch the videos. ;)

-Gary-

MasonMI

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
I went to the main youtube site and i cant play any of the videos i've tried wifi and 3G, any settings that i need to change?

MasonMI

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm still not having any luck getting the youtube videos to play does anyone know if the Motorola Droid is having this same issue? I'm thinking of taking this back and exchanging for the Motorola version.

thughe1

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I also have this issue but have a little additional info. I can play the first video I load in the YouTube app on my Eris but I receive an error message and cannot play any subsequent videos. I then exit the program and use Advanced Task Killer to close all my phone apps. If I go
back into the YouTube app, I can play another video but again only the first one before I get an error message. I would agree that the issue has to be with the YouTube app.

nishkriya

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I,m having the same problem. Videos play in YouTube but only in low quality since the update. I checked my WiFi connection, closed all other apps but still no luck. Then I went to other websites and the same result. When I first got the phone videos used to be crisp and sharp. Quite a letdown.

MasonMI

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm on the fence on what to do, my 30 day return time frame will be approaching in mid January and if these issues aren't fixed in the next software update im stuck for 2 years with a phone that is buggy.

gvillager

Oct 31, 2009
Visit site
I'm on the fence on what to do, my 30 day return time frame will be approaching in mid January and if these issues aren't fixed in the next software update im stuck for 2 years with a phone that is buggy.

It' obviously a known issue and I'm sure a fix is in the works.

However, videos should still play in the internet browser. If they don't you should take it to a store to have a tech troubleshoot the issue and exchange it if they can't get them to play in the browser.