Which Task Manager Should I Use?

MasonMI

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
I notice there are several task managers in the Eris market which task manager should I download some are free and others i would have to pay for is there one better than the other can someone recommend one that i could use to monitor which tasks that are still open that i would need to close.

bad05gtt

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Mason MI... i use Advanced Task Manager Free...it works well for me..i have a widget on my main screen (Press To End) that i use before i put my phone to sleep... along with handcent, wifi, bluetooth, and gps off when not in use my battery life is much better...not saying this is the best one just the one i have been using and it works for me...hope this helps !!!

mc48

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
Advanced Task Killer has worked fine for me. No widget necessary. There is an option of having an icon in the notification panel, pull down the panel, select ATK and kill selected apps. You can either uncheck them from your list to keep them from being killed or, to keep them open continuously without having to kill them or uncheck them each time (apps such as clock or weather or ATK itself), long pressing the item when it is in the list wil give you the option to put it on the ignore list.

MasonMI

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
After reading the article about why i shouldnt be using a task manager now i'm even more confused i'm not much a of technical person maybe a task manager isn't for me i wouldnt want to shut something off that i need to keep on.

mrfarinhight

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Sure android doesn't need a task manager because when it is running low on memory it will kill off unneeded / unused apps. But a task manager definitely helps. Even though Android may not be using some apps and they may be on "hold", they still eat up battery and slow down your droid to a certain extent. Your droid will still be running fast when it gets to the point where it needs to exit apps by itself but a task manager helps and I would have one for sure on any Android phone.

IzelTokatl

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I use ATK free also. It does help with battery time.

A computer has a CPU and no OS can run as solid with more resources being used at once.

If your worried, try without for 2 weeks. Then try using one. Compare your performance. You make your own mind up. It often depends on the app set you have installed. If you're a big techy use the phone hard it does help. Of you just use it for simple things you may not need it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty