Those who use Facebook

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
When you hit the multitask button and see all the apps that are open, how many times does Facebook show up? I've been noticing that it's on there 4 or 5 times. What had me check was that videos wouldn't play. They would just buffer. I went to close it and as I was scrolling, I noticed it was open several separate times.

So if you notice a video issue with Facebook. Close them all out and it should work.

I wonder why it's like that. I bet it's a memory hog.

Reactions: J Dubbs and ansa82

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
When you hit the multitask button and see all the apps that are open, how many times does Facebook show up? I've been noticing that it's on there 4 or 5 times. What had me check was that videos wouldn't play. They would just buffer. I went to close it and as I was scrolling, I noticed it was open several separate times.

So if you notice a video issue with Facebook. Close them all out and it should work.

Got rid of the FB app many moons ago and have not touched it since. And I am glad i did.

Reactions: J Dubbs

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

So if you notice a video issue with Facebook. Close them all out and it uninstall it and your phone should work.

I fixed an error in your post... you're welcome 😁😉😜

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
FB Lite (from FB/Meta) as an app probably also helps, as opposed to the full FB app.

Aside from the "lite" aspect benefits, it also has FB Messenger (if one uses that, I don't often but basically don't have a choice for staying connected to certain folks in the family) functionality built in. So, basically two apps (FB and FB Messenger) replaced by one in terms of space usage on your device.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Who told you to do that? You are the error. Idiot
I was joking... that's why all the emojis, I wanted to be sure you understood it was all in good fun 😉 I didn't intend to insult you, sorry if it came across that way ☹️ Sometimes humour doesn't transfer well over typed messages 😕 That's why all the emojis 😄

As you can see, I liked your original post explaining your fix for the issue before I posted my response 👍

donebrasko

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
FB Lite (from FB/Meta) as an app probably also helps, as opposed to the full FB app.

Aside from the "lite" aspect benefits, it also has FB Messenger (if one uses that, I don't often but basically don't have a choice for staying connected to certain folks in the family) functionality built in. So, basically two apps (FB and FB Messenger) replaced by one in terms of space usage on your device.
Facebook must be reading my post. It has stopped completely. Just one shows up now.

frifred

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't use the Facebook App, it is bloatware to me. I have always just used a browser bookmark to facebook.com (or m.facebook.com for a smaller phone).