caller id blurry?

ricbon

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
just something small to me but wanted to know if anybody else has notices that the caller id pictures look kind of blurry, i mean i know they're cropped but still should look a little better right?

bloodycape77

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I tried a few different picture res, all the way up to a picture that is close to 3000 x 2000 res. I think it is the way that Android(or does it have something to do with the Eris and Sense) that blurs up the crop so to speak.

infg3570

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
I've had the same happen. To correct it, I reassign the picture but I also make sure that I don't expand the pic as I think expanding it causes the blur you described.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
yea, oddly enough, the lower res the original picture (or rather, the closer in resolution it matches the size that the phone uses) the sharper it will end up looking

rvandroid

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I've found that if you're synching with Google Contacts, your caller id pics will become blurry. I think what happens is that your phone grabs the pic from Google by default. If Google doesn't have it but your phone does, Google will grab the pic from your phone, but reduces the filesize. When a synch occurs, your phone then grabs the small pic from Google and replaces what it had. Seems odd, but that's what I've observed. Not synching your phone with Google Contacts keeps this from happening.

JKib#AC

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
I've found that if you're synching with Google Contacts, your caller id pics will become blurry. I think what happens is that your phone grabs the pic from Google by default. If Google doesn't have it but your phone does, Google will grab the pic from your phone, but reduces the filesize. When a synch occurs, your phone then grabs the small pic from Google and replaces what it had. Seems odd, but that's what I've observed. Not synching your phone with Google Contacts keeps this from happening.

I just tried this, and it worked. I stopped sync of contacts, removed and readded my CallerID pics (I only had a few), and now they are crystal clear.

XXI

May 17, 2010
Visit site

How do u do this ?

sonsrock

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
just something small to me but wanted to know if anybody else has notices that the caller id pictures look kind of blurry, i mean i know they're cropped but still should look a little better right?
Its abit longer but does sort problem ,

go into the person you wish to put a photo of on in phonebook,
then go to edit, once in edit

there will be a little caller id square top left ,
click that and add the picture this way
Rather than going to the photo and making it a caller id

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamed-helmy