Release?

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
hey everyone, I have been looking at the Tbolt for sometime now... but as the wait lengthens and the price of the device seems to rise( now at $300 for a 2year) I am looking for alternatives.

I know the Dinc S will not be 4g, I do not really care.

My question is is there any info on the release date and price for this device for VZW?

I saw some rumored of Q1 release, but dont know if that was for Europe (released this month in Europe it seems).

thanks.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I am also interested in this phone. I have 2 upgrades approaching & my daughter loves her OG Inc. The prices of upcoming LTE devices & plans seem expensive.

anon(157335)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
hey everyone, I have been looking at the Tbolt for sometime now... but as the wait lengthens and the price of the device seems to rise( now at $300 for a 2year) I am looking for alternatives.

I know the Dinc S will not be 4g, I do not really care.

My question is is there any info on the release date and price for this device for VZW?

I saw some rumored of Q1 release, but dont know if that was for Europe (released this month in Europe it seems).

thanks.

I'm thinking along the same lines that you are. I've been planning on buying a TB, but the DInc2 is really intriguing me. If we have some idea of a release date in the US by the time the TB releases I may wait for this phone instead.

The only thing I cam concerned about is the internal memory; according to htc.com, the DIncS has 1.1GB of internal memory. That seems strange to me, isn't that a fraction of what the DInc has?

BCM

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking along the same lines that you are. I've been planning on buying a TB, but the DInc2 is really intriguing me. If we have some idea of a release date in the US by the time the TB releases I may wait for this phone instead.

The only thing I cam concerned about is the internal memory; according to htc.com, the DIncS has 1.1GB of internal memory. That seems strange to me, isn't that a fraction of what the DInc has?

The Incredible has Flash 8GB + 512MB/RAM 512MB.

On my phone it shows 748MB for phone memory with 583MB available.

Its a bit confusing because the phone has it own internal storage which is 8GB plus what ever microSD card memory you have plugged in.

So it does indeed have less internal phone storage but I don't think that is a big concern because of the micro sd cards available.

Last edited:

anon(157335)

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
The Incredible has Flash 8GB + 512MB/RAM 512MB.

On my phone it shows 748MB for phone memory with 583MB available.

Its a bit confusing because the phone has it own internal storage which is 8GB plus what ever microSD card memory you have plugged in.

So it does indeed have less internal phone storage but I don't think that is a big concern because of the micro sd cards available.

I believe this question was answered in another thread; I can't seem to find it right now.

I was told that the Inc S comes with 1.1GB of secure storage, and 8GB of shared. That's all internal, not including a micro SD card.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Reactions: anon(157335)
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I have this phone. I am in the UK and I have this phone on the o2 network. I had to buy the phone through Carphone Warehouse which in the UK is part of Best Buy. I am not sure what network you guys will get it on.

With regard to memory. The phone itself has 1.1gb internal storage. Which doenst sound alot but it did come with an 8gb SCHD Micro SD Card with high speed data transfer (Sandisk C4). This wasn't a special offer or a carrier insentive so I am guessing they come stock with 8gb Micro SD.

I have to say I am very very pleased with the phone. Even on rubbish UK data 3G connection i was 3.45mbs download which I was more than happy with. The battery life is great too. It doesn't come with any bloatware either just the usual HTC stuff. Nothing at all from my carrier.

All in all I would say, if you aren't that fussed about 4G speeds (Not that the American LTE system is working that great, and trust me I know as my company supplies parts to attenna manufacturers in the US), then this is a great phone. All it needs is a little Gingerbread.

Hope this helps :)

Reactions: Regulator

Bwangster12

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, they are going to put a ton of VZW applications on it, which will of course affect the battery a little. That said, the reports of good battery life is very encouraging. It would be a shock if HTC didn't do anything about the battery life after the MAJOR problems the first Inc had.

Sounds like Inc 2 will be the same phone, with the POSSIBLE exception of a front facing camera. I've read stuff saying they weren't sure if that would be included. Its not a deal breaker for me... but a nice to have.

sammy303

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
hey there - cory closed the inc2 thread and said he was creating a new inc 2 forum. Am I blind or is it not created under HTC devices yet?

micongo

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
i have just ordered my incredible s yesterday.....being that i'm on t-mobile and in the us.....had to get it overseas without contract....a cool 6 bucks but for a phone like this its well worth it.....i'll create a topic once its in my hands and maybe even youtube videos of it for you guys.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall