"Safer Battery"

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I have seen in many battery post people asking if a battery is safe or not. Honestly I do not know how to answer that straight out. All batteries carry some risk, and other more so. But...

Look for Lithium-Polymer batteries. Best Buy sells them for the Evo 3D. I have not found them on eBay yet. Haven't checked Amazon yet. Anyhow...

Lithium-Polymer batteries are made differently then the Lithium ion batteries most of us use. Because of how they are made, they cannot catch fire, explode, or even leak. The insides become a gel when exposed to electric. So you can stab the battery and it will not leak. Plus they do not need most of the metal components that Lithium Ions do. So they are lighter, and can hold more power for the size. And can be made into almost any shape.

Downsides, they cost more right now. And when they are sitting around not being used (like you had 2 or more) they do not hold power to well. So a sitting Lithium-Polymer battery will go dead much faster then any other kind. But you would not notice this in everyday usage if the battery was in the phone.

The ONLY way for a Lithium-Polymer battery to catch fire or blow up is overcharging it. The same thing will happen to any battery so that isn't saying much. Plus the chip in them to keep them from over charging will have to fail to allow it to.

So if you want safety, go for the Lithium-Polymer battery.

If you liked this info, please click on like to the right :-$

Last edited: