EVO 3D Docks

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Radio Shack has the HTC docks for $15 (desktop) and $25 (car). Not bad, especially for the desktop dock. Most of the stores around me have one or both in stock, too. Even better. Unless you're someone who all of a sudden thinks the 3D is now an enormous piece of $hit.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Does the one for the car setup to charge the Evo too? The one for the Desk sounds interesting too. Really whats the point to them? (Not flaming you I just never understood the need for it to be honest.) How do you use it? The car one I could understand...MP3s, Pandora and so on.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
The desktop one - when I put my EVO3D on it, it automatically switches to dock mode - landscape view of home screen. It can show the time, slideshow of pictures etc continuously (lowers the screen brightness) - so it works as a night clock as well.

It supposedly supports inline connection of the MHL adapter (sold separately), which permits connecting HDMI cable directly to HDTV <-- I haven't tried this.

To be honest, I had Radioshack credit for $10, and that's really why I ended up purchasing this (I don't see myself purchasing anything else from there). But I like it so far.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I'd get it except HTC's Dock mode sucks. It needs to be more customizable. Is it possible to download a different "Dock Mode" app?

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Nice! Just recently I was at a radio shack for batteries. Otherwise I have not gotten anything from there in years! I will have to take a look at the car doc. If it can charge my phone at the same time it may be worth the $ for me to pick it up. My Sprint car charger is now dead sadly. :(

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Does it have the spare battery charger slot? I have the mugan version and the sedio version and both have it, both are good for 20 bucks if you are looking for one that you can also charge a spare battery.

Galaxy tab 10.1

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Does the one for the car setup to charge the Evo too? The one for the Desk sounds interesting too. Really whats the point to them? (Not flaming you I just never understood the need for it to be honest.) How do you use it? The car one I could understand...MP3s, Pandora and so on.

No worries. I just wanted to share. I had the car dock for the OG EVO and loved it! They do charge while the phone is docked and it reverts to car-mode when you POP it in, which is waaaay better than dock-mode. Had an aftermarket car dock for the 3D that was so-so. People like to bash HTC for whatever reasons, but they build their accessories and phones like brick $hithouses.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I use one near my bed. My phone is my alarm clock and the other stays in my car with my spare battery in the charging slot incase I ever need it.

EVO-LUTION 3D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non