Radio Shack has the HTC docks for $15 (desktop) and $25 (car). Not bad, especially for the desktop dock. Most of the stores around me have one or both in stock, too. Even better. Unless you're someone who all of a sudden thinks the 3D is now an enormous piece of $hit.
    03-27-2012 12:03 PM
    I picked up the HTC desktop dock a few weeks ago from RadioShack (same price) - pretty good!
    03-27-2012 12:30 PM
    Does the one for the car setup to charge the Evo too? The one for the Desk sounds interesting too. Really whats the point to them? (Not flaming you I just never understood the need for it to be honest.) How do you use it? The car one I could understand...MP3s, Pandora and so on.
    03-27-2012 12:33 PM
    The desktop one - when I put my EVO3D on it, it automatically switches to dock mode - landscape view of home screen. It can show the time, slideshow of pictures etc continuously (lowers the screen brightness) - so it works as a night clock as well.

It supposedly supports inline connection of the MHL adapter (sold separately), which permits connecting HDMI cable directly to HDTV <-- I haven't tried this.

To be honest, I had Radioshack credit for $10, and that's really why I ended up purchasing this (I don't see myself purchasing anything else from there). But I like it so far.
    03-27-2012 12:53 PM
    I'd get it except HTC's Dock mode sucks. It needs to be more customizable. Is it possible to download a different "Dock Mode" app?
    03-27-2012 01:09 PM
    Nice! Just recently I was at a radio shack for batteries. Otherwise I have not gotten anything from there in years! I will have to take a look at the car doc. If it can charge my phone at the same time it may be worth the $ for me to pick it up. My Sprint car charger is now dead sadly.
    03-27-2012 01:21 PM
    Unfortunately, none of the radio shacks in my area have them.
    03-27-2012 02:01 PM
    I'd get it except HTC's Dock mode sucks. It needs to be more customizable. Is it possible to download a different "Dock Mode" app?
    I believe you can change your launcher (wave launcher or launcher pro etc) and these launchers will allow a great deal of customization

Ref: http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...stomize-2.html
    03-27-2012 03:45 PM
    I'm going to go pick one up since I lost my original charger
    03-27-2012 04:12 PM
    Does it have the spare battery charger slot? I have the mugan version and the sedio version and both have it, both are good for 20 bucks if you are looking for one that you can also charge a spare battery.

Galaxy tab 10.1
    03-27-2012 04:30 PM
    No spare battery slot on the HTC dock. I think there's an aftermarket one that does though.
    03-27-2012 05:31 PM
    Does the one for the car setup to charge the Evo too? The one for the Desk sounds interesting too. Really whats the point to them? (Not flaming you I just never understood the need for it to be honest.) How do you use it? The car one I could understand...MP3s, Pandora and so on.
    No worries. I just wanted to share. I had the car dock for the OG EVO and loved it! They do charge while the phone is docked and it reverts to car-mode when you POP it in, which is waaaay better than dock-mode. Had an aftermarket car dock for the 3D that was so-so. People like to bash HTC for whatever reasons, but they build their accessories and phones like brick $hithouses.
    03-27-2012 05:35 PM
    I use one near my bed. My phone is my alarm clock and the other stays in my car with my spare battery in the charging slot incase I ever need it.

EVO-LUTION 3D
    03-28-2012 05:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD