Otterbox?

KE3NNYUCF

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I hope they make an Otterbox Defender case for the EVO 3D. I e-mailed them, but no response. The only problem I see for an Otterbox Defender case on the E3D would be the 3D/2D switch on the side. Any one else have some info on the possibility of an otterbox in progress for the E3D? Any one else want an Otterbox for their E3D when it comes out?

Fubie

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Don't get your hopes up that it will be quick. It took them about 6 months to get the Evo 4G case out.

nightmare

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I definitely want an Otterbox for my Evo 3D when I get it. I'll be happy with the Commuter case. Defender is way too big to put in a pocket.

Hopefully we see these shortly after launch day, considering they aren't vastly different from an Evo 4G case. I hope that 6 month wait isn't going to be the case this time.

palanilopez12

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I hope they come out faily fast as well because they already have the Thunderbolt cases and that hasn't been out too long. But yes it was definitely a long time before they were out for the Evo 4G :(

eze036

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
i just checked on website it isnt on there i doubt that ebay post is correct..ill contact my otterbox rep tomorrow to get the details

nightmare

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
That's either a very elaborate hoax or the real deal. I'm hoping for a Commuter series case here shortly after launch. I don't want to have to leave the phone totally naked for very long if at all possible.

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
Looks kind of legit, but idk because I emailed them 6 days ago and was told they didn't know if they would make a case for it or not.
Heres the exact wording:
We haven’t been told if there will be a case for this device, I recommend keeping an eye on our website or Facebook page where we will be sure to post more information as soon as it is available

PSYCHOTRON_CB

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I saw them on ebay too and the pics i saw looks real to me. I picked up a couple crappy cases till one of the nice ones are out. need to snag a screen protector too.

kevvykev

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
We I sent an email to otterbox regarding the case for EVO 3D on both ebay and amazon. Below is the response:

That is not possible as we are not even able to start formulating a design on the case until the device is released. We do not get them ahead of time. DO NOT purchase this product as most likely it will not fit.

Thank You,

How am I doing?
Click Here To Take a Quick Survey

Amanda Warteman
Customer Service Representative
P: (888)695-8820
101 Remington Street
Fort Collins, CO 80524
amanda.warteman@otterbox.com
We've Got Technology Covered // OtterBox.com

We've Got Technology Covered

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
We I sent an email to otterbox regarding the case for EVO 3D on both ebay and amazon. Below is the response:

That is not possible as we are not even able to start formulating a design on the case until the device is released. We do not get them ahead of time. DO NOT purchase this product as most likely it will not fit.

Thank You,

How am I doing?
Click Here To Take a Quick Survey

Amanda Warteman
Customer Service Representative
P: (888)695-8820
101 Remington Street
Fort Collins, CO 80524
amanda.warteman@otterbox.com
We've Got Technology Covered // OtterBox.com

We've Got Technology Covered

I had a feeling it would be a knockoff. Thanks for posting this.
edit- I posted this email on goodandevo to warn people and the guy who posted the case on ebay is getting pretty mad lol
http://www.goodandevo.net/2011/06/otterbox-defender-case-for-htc-evo-3d-outed-by-ebay.html

Last edited:

nightmare

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
The part I just don't understand is why they'd bother lying about it to the public. I'd think they'd want to capitalize on sales, and at least mention somewhere that they'll have a solution shortly after launch.

JKTex

May 2, 2011
Visit site
The part I just don't understand is why they'd bother lying about it to the public. I'd think they'd want to capitalize on sales, and at least mention somewhere that they'll have a solution shortly after launch.

Because those in CS that are fielding the questions likely had not idea. They have the information they are to give to the public and nothing else.

That said, I came back to this thread because I just learned that the Swag Bag that Sprint is/was giving away as part of the Free EVO 3D contest, contains an Otterbox Commuter.

I wonder if someones head has rolled for screwing up and sending out EVO 3D cases? :) And about the CS Agents saying they were fake and would not fit? Wonder if pulling it out of their, uh, back side, is within scope of their job duties, so to speak. :D

And I wonder if Otterbox thinks that a week out from when many will start getting the EVO 3D is a good time to actually make them available for sale, or at least announce them on their own site.