Official root from HTC is now available

Milad6923

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
now you can root your phone through the HTCDEV.com , just gotta register , login , and use the instruction for EU sensation , HTC rep on Their facebook page has approved it!!!

Reactions: phantommadman

mwalt2

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Did it...
Didn't pay attention that it factory resets the phone. Yay to another wasted night.
Are you s-off or were you before doing it? I've read people are having a hard time putting custom recoveries on. I'd be interested in more details :).

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Im not playing wiht this crap. All they did was steal revolutionary's tool and convereted it to there use so they can track you! Stay revolutionary if you have not taken the update.

mwalt2

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Im not playing wiht this crap. All they did was steal revolutionary's tool and convereted it to there use so they can track you! Stay revolutionary if you have not taken the update.
That's just silly to say they stole revolutionary's tool. HTC has makes the software and hardware. They don't need to find holes to exploit when they have the source.

M3wThr33

Jun 1, 2011
planetmew.com
So, I've unlocked the bootloader, and download the 384MB image that roots this. How do I flash this and get root, while keeping everything?

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
That's just silly to say they stole revolutionary's tool. HTC has makes the software and hardware. They don't need to find holes to exploit when they have the source.
That was ment to be more of a synical comment than a factual statement. Sorry for any confusion.

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to get this stupid update notification off of my phone? I am terrified I might accidentally tap it.

TheMovieStar

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tried this that already has S-OFF? I had S-OFF already (without root) and updated fine. When I boot to recovery it still shows S-OFF but now has a big *** LOCKED *** at the top of the recovery screen.

mwalt2

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone tried this that already has S-OFF? I had S-OFF already (without root) and updated fine. When I boot to recovery it still shows S-OFF but now has a big *** LOCKED *** at the top of the recovery screen.
Do you mean you too the OTA update with S-OFF and no root? If so, you can try to just go through the steps at htcdev.com to unlock. I don't think it would put you back to S-ON if the update didn't.

colestein

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I read on XDA that people can root and still install roms,etc without S-Off. Someone posted that the HTC root breaks 4G and Wifi but I can't post there. Has anyone had this issue? Has anyone been successful rooting with HTC, flashing recovery, roms, kernal, etc? Thanks.

canterrain

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I have used the HTC official method for unlocking the bootloader.

Yes it still looks like you are S-ON.

No it doesn't matter. I've already loaded a recovery, grabbed superusers, and did a rootcheck.

I haven't done a ton with it yet, though I did grab the MSL reader then uncapped my 3G speeds. When I have time to do more, I will.

At this thread: [GUIDE]Root Evo 3D!|Win/Mac/Linux|VIDEO WALKTHRU|HTC Unlock Method|08/19/2011 - xda-developers

They'll tell you how to get the custom recovery on.

I also don't have any problems with 4G or wifi. I use both frequently, and have continued to do so since making the switch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana