just want something simple!!!

RealFnCool

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
remember the original evo 4g? unrevoked was simply like this: (at least for me)

all current apps and settings and such were the same... after loading unrevoked and watching the phone reboot 3 or 4 times... the only thing i saw was "SUPER USER" or whatever it was added to my list of apps... then i could just add wifi tether and that was it...

isnt there something easy like that for this 3d phone? i see all these methods as well as the "legal" way and so many guides and such...

i just want the simple way like the unrevoked way... any help please?

at least direct me to something where i dont have to format my phone and just add superuser to it so i can add the wifi tether? thanks!

Marty1781

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
There is no method currently as simplified as the unrevoked method. If it was that simple, you can bet it would be all over this message board. The unrevoked folks do have a method out, however, that is a little more involved but still relatively simple:

Revolutionary

This method requires that you have HBOOT v1.4 or lower, something that is unlikely if you have downloaded and installed the latest updates from Sprint (there is a tool available on that website that will tell you which HBOOT version you are running if you don't know already). The method does not require you to "format" your phone.

Otherwise, if you are running HBOOT v1.5, you will need to use the method available at Welcome to HTCdev (I do not know if this method requires a reset to factory defaults).

That's really your two main options. Sorry.

Edit: If none of that is acceptable to you and all you want to do is tether, there are apps like PDANet available in the Android Market that will allow for wired (not wireless) tethering.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty