Attention Android Central - please check your adds

May 28, 2023
Visit site
I'm unsure if this is the place to post this but I just went to this site and immediately wanted to go somewhere else due to an add that filled half of the screen. There was also no way to close the add. And I have a galaxy ultra so to fill half of the screen is saying a lot. Unsure if this is a Google issue or not but it doesn't happen with any other site that I visit and it makes me not want to visit this site as much.

Attachments

• 1000018025.jpg
    1000018025.jpg
    506.8 KB · Views: 24

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
If this was in the browser itself, you could try a different one. I am getting more and more tempted to shift away from Chrome.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this to the Site Feedback forum.

I'm pretty sure the forum website got rid of ads a while ago, so I'm guessing you're using Tapatalk (which I believe still has ads), right? That would be more of an issue with Tapatalk rather than Android Central/Future PLC. You may want to just use your browser to go to forums.androidcentral.com. I just tested it on my phone (which doesn't have any ad-blockers installed) -- no ads.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I moved this to the Site Feedback forum.

I'm pretty sure the forum website got rid of ads a while ago, so I'm guessing you're using Tapatalk (which I believe still has ads), right? That would be more of an issue with Tapatalk rather than Android Central/Future PLC. You may want to just use your browser to go to forums.androidcentral.com. I just tested it on my phone (which doesn't have any ad-blockers installed) -- no ads.
OP looks to be using a website(chrome looks like)not Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The Forum on the website doesn't have ads but the home page of the website does and I don't think that will go away
That screenshot looks like the forum website. But what I also noticed is that the OP isn't logged in -- that might be why there are ads. If you register and log in, those ads should go away.

@Bla1ze, can you confirm that?

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
That screenshot looks like the forum website. But what I also noticed is that the OP isn't logged in -- that might be why there are ads. If you register and log in, those ads should go away.

@Bla1ze, can you confirm that?

Correct. Registered and logged in users do not have ads on the forums*

*Unless they're coming from elsewhere such as Tapatalk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali