Beats Audio on the Evo 3D: Will it happen?

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
So, with HTC's announcement that they have invested $300 Million in Beats Audio, buying part of the company, what will this mean for HTC's current slate of products? On My HP Envy laptop, I have Beats audio built in, and its the best sounding laptop I've ever owned - especially through the headphone jack.

Whats unclear to me though is if Beats is a combination of hardware AND software, or if they are specific software drivers. If its just software, can BEATS update be issued to select HTC devices such as the Evo 3D? If I understood the teleconference correctly, its an app, but I'm not sure I understood it right.

Reactions: jwoodsoniv

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
The word I kept seeing is "future", as in future HTC devices. I wouldn't count on it

sent to you in three dimensions

Wreckus

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Agreed, I don't think current HTC devices can just get an update to get beats audio.

There's probably some hardware that needs to be installed into the device to get the beats audio.

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Beats is in the hardware of the device as well.

Like some computers come with Beats Audio sound cards.... I doubt it's going to happen for the 3VO.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Beats is over priced sound hardware. It is the soundblaster for the Teen and under 25 crowd. Beats is a good example of, " if it cost us a nickle, let's figure out a way to charge a hundred bucks for it. "

Gelst

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Beats is way over hyped , I would never ever buy a product just because it has beats audio.Beats audio is way worse a gimmick then 3d which i personally don't think is a gimmick. Now if it was Bose that would be a different story because I know they make great products.

elder_shawn

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Beats is way over hyped , I would never ever buy a product just because it has beats audio.Beats audio is way worse a gimmick then 3d which i personally don't think is a gimmick. Now if it was Bose that would be a different story because I know they make great products.

The BOSE reference had to be sarcasm...right? :confused:

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

have you ever even compared bose to beats. My beats studios blow my grandpa's bose headphones away.
Needless to say monster is also releasing these Monster? TRON T1 Daft Punk Edition Limited edition over-the-ear headphones at Crutchfield.com

All im saying is Ilove my beats and I hope HTC brings the app to all existing devices. For the new devices they should have better speakers because thats what they did with the hp touchpad.

fupaboss

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site

wow do you even know what he is talking about? We arent talking about Beats headphones, we are talking about Beats AUDIO....IT'S A SOUND SYSTEM

codkill

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The Beats Audio label is a mix of hardware and software. I saw some "Beats Audio mod" that probably just EQs the sound the same way the Beats Audio EQs theirs. All they do is the smiley face EQ. It really is just gimmicky. Heavy bass, increased 8k+ and you pay the premium price of something you could have done yourself. The hardware is really not much better (if at all) than standard audio processors. They only have slightly increased output levels and their THD is no better. As for their headphones, which this thread is not about, Beats and Bose are just jokes in the audio world. If you think either of those are good, then your probably haven't heard of: Beyerdynamic, Sennheiser, AKG, Klipsch, Denon, or Etymotic. But Beats Audio is really like Monster....... oh wait, didn't Monster make the Beats Audio headphones? That should give you an idea of what Beats really is (overpriced/marketing trick).

I forgot to mention one thing though. Beats Audio also replaces the speaker (speakerphone speaker) on some models which IS better than a stock speaker.

patfactorx

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
JBL speakers and software is a lot better on electronics. Listen to the Dell XPS versus HP envy (Beats) series. The Dell has JBL speakers and it sounds a lot better.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

onesie13

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Beats products arent bad but true audiophiles know that more the same price you can have much better product albeit they may not come as "cool" looking or status symbol with street cred. Sennheiser has better products. Beats is produced by Monster, the same guys that charge $100+ for a hdmi cable at best buy when you can buy a $4 one that is the exact same spec.

bwithey11

May 5, 2011
Visit site
its funny when people knock a product they have never even touched. it sounds like a "mine doesnt have that, so it sucks" kind of thing. and to those saying this is better than beats and that sounds way better than beats. i GUARANTEE that i could find some kosch headphones/speakers that sound better than some bose, jbl, beats, sony or anything else. these damn ignorant people are ridiculous.

edit: not to mention the fact that the OP asked the simple question of whether or not beats was available on the evo 3d. and to answer that, no "Beats Audio" is not and will not be in the 3d due to the lack of hardware, but there is some Beats eq deal you can use but it is not an improvement on the hardware like the upcoming devices have.

Last edited:

onesie13

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
not sure if that comment was referring to me but i own a pair of beats studio and i dont find it that impressive. not sure if your point is to say all headphones are the same or not but to people that are audiophiles and care, they can hear the difference. i found bose headphones to be overhyped/priced as well but the ones that came with my car are amazing. that being said why shoot down a free way to enhance your phones sound based on some bias against a company

Reactions: yibrushn

cowboys2000

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
This thread is only slightly better than the Apple vs. Android posts.....

People have different taste in sound quality and value.

The main topic/question was if beats was something the EVO 3D could add with a software setting. My understanding that Beats is a hardware/software solution. so "if " it does not have a Beats audio chip/cpu/processor, I would say the answer is no. The announcement mentioned future devises. since the 3D was already out, I would guess that means no.

Reactions: yibrushn

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress