One more reason why I choose Sprint over AT&T!

efoss

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I think that you all may like this story, so here goes:

This last June I moved into a new office. I needed to install DSL. There was no phone line in the office, so I had to have the AT&T Salesman (good buddy of mine) arrange for AT&T to send someone out to install the line and activate my service. They missed 5 appointments that they scheduled, and I called MULTIPLE times to seek answers for why my service isn't installed yet, not to mention I had to navigate the AT&T Death by way of Phone Menu - Menus, on hold for several hours, literally, and then they would schedule a tech to come out again. Finally, I called my buddy, told him to cancel the service. The first thing that really sucked, was the first bill, naturally sucky. The 2nd thing, was Bill and NO SERVICE! LOL!! 3rd, every time I would "supposedly" have had a tech come out, the next week or day even, I would receive a phone call from AT&T asking how my new service was and do I have any questions. I would reply, 'Yes, my only question is when is a technician going to come to my office and install my service?" They would so kindly and so boldly ask to put me on hold. After being on hold for over an hour (multiple times) I would just hang up! 4th thing, lol is that I kept receiving bills in the mail throughout the period from June - September! I FINALLY got back with my buddy for the 10th time, and he called AGAIN and had them cancel it. And then today, September 15, 2011, I get this in my inbox at work!

Basically, AT&T wants me to SCREW MYSELF, for $50.00! That's right! If I sign up for a service at "non-promotional prices", then I will get a $50.00 credit from AT&T, because the Vice President AT&T Customer Sales and Service has a "personal commitment to me!"

The best line: "It all adds up to one more great reason to switch to AT&T."

What a dueche!!

Letter attached below!

View attachment 14870

Reactions: cgardnervt

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
What does ATT dsl have to do with sprint or the EVO 3D? Perhaps there is another forum where you can properly vent

sent to you in three dimensions

wernd

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I think he's just trying to say appreciate sprint, because ATT sucks. Even with that it still doesn't belong here. Sprint can kiss my a$$ after killing annual upgrades today though!

efoss

May 13, 2011
Visit site
What does ATT dsl have to do with sprint or the EVO 3D? Perhaps there is another forum where you can properly vent

Lol, becausenterebis no carrier/company thread. I own a 3d, which is a Sprint phone, so naturally I thought my Sprint buddiesnmight likentonsee that! As for Sprint discontinuing the annual upgrade, oh well? Lol still best plans, and besides, I buy every 6 months anyway lol

CarrieK

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Like I said in another thread, you can thank the phone hoppers and people who abuse the policies for these changes.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Even if their is another thread this is fine...

I think AT&T needs to get their act together. My girlfriend just left AT&T for Sprint last month. Shes in Boston, MA and has A LOT better service now. Granted she has a normal dumb phone with a full keyboard. She has not made the jump to a smartphone yet!

Great read!

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Comparing one company's home/office internet service to another company that only offers wireless is apples and oranges. That said, there are specific carrier threads within the AC walls

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
For me it was easy. Do I stay on AT&T and get 20kbps download speeds in my office, or go with Sprint and take 800kbps? Pretty simple.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Lol, becausenterebis no carrier/company thread. I own a 3d, which is a Sprint phone, so naturally I thought my Sprint buddiesnmight likentonsee that! As for Sprint discontinuing the annual upgrade, oh well? Lol still best plans, and besides, I buy every 6 months anyway lol

Yes, I there is a carrier thread section. I have used it.

Reactions: tkemack

efoss

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Comparing one company's home/office internet service to another company that only offers wireless is apples and oranges. That said, there are specific carrier threads within the AC walls

Yeah, but back when I had their wireless service, calling tech support was no different. As a matter of fact, you can go to the same store and get wireless, home tv and internet, and business solutions all at the same time, so that makes it Apples to Apples seeing as how the guy who sold it to me (friend of mine) sells all of the above.

That said, AT&T customer support, sales, service, tech support wait times, list goes goes on and on and on,...., etc, SUUUUCCCCCKKKKKSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!''

:cool:

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo