Yahoo Mail Disappearing?

mitchd14

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
For the last few days I have been having a problem with my yahoo mail through the stock mail app. I can see that I have an email and when I click on the message it shows up for like a second or two, then it totally disappears and I cannot seem to get it back. The message is still in my inbox and I can check it online, but every time i click on the message in the mail app, it shows a blank screen. Is anyone else having this problem?

Reactions: Ditarawr

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
YES!
I posted about it on the bugs thread above. Very frustrating, I had to install the Yahoo mail app to be able to read my email.
It's some sort of bug, hopefully HTC will get a fix out soon.

blaidan

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm also having this issue. It doesn't seem to happen with all emails. It seems emails with text-only are fine. Looks like it's happening only for emails that contain HTML. At least this has been my experience since this started happening a few days ago.

oraphus

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Seeing this as well.... extremely annoying! these hacks at HTC need to fix this soon.

only happens with yahoo emails. it seems that once i touch the screen when these emails load.... they disappear.

Ditarawr

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm having this exact issue as well. Very frustrating, but happy to know I'm not alone. I will try to substitute the Yahoo mail app until the problem is resolved.

jw01689

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
HTC Inspire: I went in and removed the check from the box "download message body when I scroll down" in email settings, under Send and Receive, and its working so far. Not sure why or how long it will work. Try it and let me know. Thanks.

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
HTC Inspire: I went in and removed the check from the box "download message body when I scroll down" in email settings, under Send and Receive, and its working so far. Not sure why or how long it will work. Try it and let me know. Thanks.

So far, so good, looks like this could be the fix. Thanks!

rclark.android

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I am pretty sure I have this figured out. I believe that a module that Yahoo has started putting at the bottom of some emails, "Yahoo! Today Beta", is the cause. It loads okay on some emails, but not others. Even with the option for downloading body enabled, I noticed on my Inspire that I would get a gray box with a spinning clock as it tries to load the script at the bottom. Apparently, there is something about this script that crashes the HTC mail app. Yahoo has been confronted about this, and their official response, despite having an Android specific IMAP server, is that they claim that they don't officially support free IMAP on smartphones, and to use their app or pay up for IMAP access. Bogus.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I am also seeing this problem, but only on my phone. Using IMAP on my tablet with Android 3.2.1 has not displayed this issue. If it was an IMAP problem I would think it would be seen in all versions of Andorid, but since I am only seeing it on my phone with 2.3, I think this may be more of an OS issue. I think HTC should be made aware of this so they can fix it.

yamatime

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
That's what I did too, installed the yahoo mail app. Very frustrating. I'll try the settings change and see if that helps and report back.

Sent from my Evo 3D on Tapatalk. BAM, that just happened.

yamatime

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
YES!
I posted about it on the bugs thread above. Very frustrating, I had to install the Yahoo mail app to be able to read my email.
It's some sort of bug, hopefully HTC will get a fix out soon.

That's what I did too, installed the yahoo mail app. Very frustrating. I'll try the settings change and see if that helps and report back.

yamatime

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
So I changed the settings. It is just a bandaid fix. The emails that blanked out before the switch are still blank. Now I can read new emails, but not the whole thing. At the bottom of them there is a button that gives u the option to retrieve remaining 24k or whatever is left in the email that hasn't downloaded yet. About 1/3 of the time it downloaded the rest of the email when I did that, the other 2/3 of the time it blanked out again. Not happy about that. I guess I'll just have to keep the yahoo mail app for a bit longer until there is a permanent fix.

martin_ochoa33

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem here is what I did seems to be working now.
1 delete he account
2 add yahoo account again but do manual setup
3 In the Protocol window remove htc. from the IMAP server line, continue to next window.
4 In the outgoing server setting remove the htc. from the SMPT sever line.

Finish setting up the account. This should take care of it let me know if it works for you.

yamatime

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem here is what I did seems to be working now.
1 delete he account
2 add yahoo account again but do manual setup
3 In the Protocol window remove htc. from the IMAP server line, continue to next window.
4 In the outgoing server setting remove the htc. from the SMPT sever line.

Finish setting up the account. This should take care of it let me know if it works for you.

I did that, it set up my account again and reloaded all my emails. Still have the problem tho. Doesnt happen on all emails, but most of them. It's only when you scroll to the bottom of the email and it loads the rest. Whether you have it set to automatically load the page as you scroll or not.

Sent from my Evo 3D on Tapatalk - - BAM, that just happened.

ProfessorC

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the exact same issue (I have an HTC Glacier, rather than an EVO).
When using the native HTC Mail app, connecting to a Yahoo Mail account (among others), certain emails have their body content completely disappear after the initial open. I see the content for a brief second, then the body goes blank (completely white). Header area still shows, and the email still shows up in the listing, but trying to open it again shows just the white content area. Doesn't affect all Yahoo emails, just some.

I've force quit the app, cleared all data and cache... still the same issue.

I've manually edited the account server settings, removing the "android." prepending both the incoming and outgoing server. This seems to have allowed me to view SOME of the emails that were previously blank, but not all.

From what I gather, the cause is the Yahoo Today feature producing some malformed HTML. However, I think both Yahoo AND HTC are at fault. Yes, Yahoo is producing bad HTML, but, obviously, other Android email clients seem to be able to handle this bad HTML just fine. It only seems to be HTC's Mail app that has issues.

I did download the K-9 Mail app, and while it solves the problem, I actually don't much care for the interface. I also have tried the Yahoo Mail app, and it solves the problem as well, but, again, usability is horrendous. I don't consider either of these to be a viable solution.

I do hope HTC fixes the mail app soon.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
For what it's worth I've been running an ICS ROM (android 4.0) for 3 days now and have not seen this issue one time using the native email app with the standard IMAP settings. So, not seeing it in Honeycomb or ICS but it's all over Gingerbread. It's time to call out HTC on this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez