ICS for the Sprint Evo 3d.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: Ics for the Sprint Evo 3d.

So many useless points here. One guy says "you don't get updates on your computer for free do you?". Are we talking about computers? Did bill gates give a interview in May and say you'd have windows 16 by June/july? No he didn't. Have you ever gotten updated for free on a pc? No. That's not the way it goes. That IS how android goes. Updates are free. Anything else is babbling. As a person who earns his $ I would PREFER they weren't free cause id have it by now if it was $29.99 to update or $59.99. also some people paid BIG $ for this phone and want what they were told they would get by sprint and HTC.

Honest to god this Friday I will be paying sprint $300. As far as I'm concerned you can't tell me anything unless you wanna pay it. It's coming out of my pocket and ill complain and ask for what the hell I want. BTW check the thread, I'm not bashing sprint everyday they don't release it, but I am saying "the customers needs come first". HOW MUCH DO YOU WANNA BET SPRINT WILL SAY THE SAME? Their actions may not show it but that is the way business is run. The customer matters.

Its not as simple as "root and be done with it". im rooted with superuser but without s off no ics rom functions 100%. It's not a bootloop issue. It's a "these roms are made from virgin mobile sources and are not 100% stable without s off issue". like pergerson6, I'm also running zr3d. It runs without issue. Why? Because its based off of stock. So when ICS is released and becomes "stock" ics roms built of Sprints source will function for me as smoothly as my current Rom. My other option? Stick a freaking wire in my phone to get s off, while hoping I don't destroy it or myself. My point is that update matters to me but not to the point of acting OR TALKING stupid just to get it. Don't care about petitions or emails. Either they'll release it or ill go elsewhere for service, if that ain't American what is? In my opinion sprint is a like a dopehead getting high without a needle. Getting high off of nonexistent power. Bragging about a LTE network that doesn't exist just yet. But that's only my opinion.

I've seen a couple people say when ics drops we'll complain that we don't have jellybean. First off who does have jellybean (besides some vz gnexus owners)? No one on Sprint does. Second WERE EVO 3D OWNERS TOLD THEY WOULD GET JELLYBEAN?...EVER???...no we weren't.

Can that be said about ICS for EVO 3d? Absolutely not.

Maybe some are upset that prepaid customers both here (virginM) and in 3rd world countries get it before postpaid customers in the greatest country on the planet get it. Maybe because a Company which I would BET 3 out of 5 people in this country have never heard of (Rodgers) can manage to get the update out before those of us who DO PAY $300 a mo to be apart of the "now network" can get it. What a joke.

That's my 2 cents on the subject. People can complain about what they want. I'm not some college kid or teen who's mommy or daddy pays his bill. You know what type of groceries I can get for $300. That's prime rib everyday $. Thats every package on satellite plus internet and home phone lol. Trust me I can go on. But I pay my money. And I also trust sprint will do what they said they would. But no one will tell me not to complain if they dont.

I can only imagine the remarks this post will bring. I wish I can say I gave a f. I've had a long day and truly, in every essence of the words, could-not-care-less

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
So many useless points here. One guy says "you don't get updates on your computer for free do you?". Are we talking about computers? Did bill gates give a interview in May and say you'd have windows 16 by June/july? No he didn't. Have you ever gotten updated for free on a pc? No. That's not the way it goes. That IS how android goes. Updates are free. Anything else is babbling. As a person who earns his $ I would PREFER they weren't free cause id have it by now if it was $29.99 to update or $59.99. also some people paid BIG $ for this phone and want what they were told they would get by sprint and HTC.

Honest to god this Friday I will be paying sprint $300. As far as I'm concerned you can't tell me anything unless you wanna pay it. It's coming out of my pocket and ill complain and ask for what the hell I want. BTW check the thread, I'm not bashing sprint everyday they don't release it, but I am saying "the customers needs come first". HOW MUCH DO YOU WANNA BET SPRINT WILL SAY THE SAME? Their actions may not show it but that is the way business is run. The customer matters.

Its not as simple as "root and be done with it". im rooted with superuser but without s off no ics rom functions 100%. It's not a bootloop issue. It's a "these roms are made from virgin mobile sources and are not 100% stable without s off issue". like pergerson6, I'm also running zr3d. It runs without issue. Why? Because its based off of stock. So when ICS is released and becomes "stock" ics roms built of Sprints source will function for me as smoothly as my current Rom. My other option? Stick a freaking wire in my phone to get s off, while hoping I don't destroy it or myself. My point is that update matters to me but not to the point of acting OR TALKING stupid just to get it. Don't care about petitions or emails. Either they'll release it or ill go elsewhere for service, if that ain't American what is? In my opinion sprint is a like a dopehead getting high without a needle. Bragging about a LTE network that doesn't exist just yet. But that's my opinion.

I've seen a couple people say when ics drops we'll complain that we don't have jellybean. First off who does have jellybean (besides some vz gnexus owners)? No one on Sprint does. Second WERE EVO 3D OWNERS TOLD THEY WOULD GET JELLYBEAN?...EVER???...no we weren't.

Can that be said about ICS for EVO 3d? Absolutely not.

Maybe some are upset that prepaid customers in 3rd world countries get it before postpaid customers in the greatest country on the planet get it. Maybe because a Company which I would BET 3 out of 5 people in this country have never heard of (Rodgers) can manage to get the update out before those of us who DO PAY $300 a mo to be apart of the "now network" can get it. What a joke.

That's my 2 cents on the subject. People can complain about what they want. I'm not some college kid or teen who's mommy or daddy pays his bill. You know what type of groceries I can get for $300. That's prime rib everyday $. Thats every package on satellite plus internet and home phone lol. Trust me I can go on. But I pay my money. And I also trust sprint will do what they said they would. But no one will tell me not to complain if they dont.

I can only imagine the remarks this post will bring. I wish I can say I gave a f. I've had a long day and truly, in every essence of the words, could-not-care-less

I gave up reading this halfway cause it was alot.. but his point is legit. Lol..

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I gave up reading this halfway cause it was alot.. but his point is legit. Lol..

Indeed it is bro. Sorry about the length. i am a natural born debater and before I knew it that post was out of my control. LET ME SAY I DID NOT POST THAT TO START ANY CRAP WITH ANYONE. PLEASE NO NEGATIVITY GUYS. it seems everyone was saying what they felt so I weighed in. Forgive me please if I offended anyone. Were all here because we love our phones and the possibilities they offer. Man its been a long day. This post is even longer than intended lmao. I gotta go do something else for a while lol. Tty guys in a few

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site

Unrelated to last post but doesn't it suck that EVO 3d was released first (June '11) but Samsung galaxy s 2 epic blah blah blah (i refuse to say its ridiculously long name) will likely get update before us despite coming out 3 months later. Maybe its a misunderstanding because I just don't understand. Also considering galaxy x 3 (much better name) was released like 2 weeks ago it kills the argument that either Samsung or sprint held update to make you buy g3. sound a little like EVO 3d/evo 4g lte to you? Unfortunately I hate the UI on Samsung phones and despite the EVO 3d update saga, I will still stay with HTC...just might not stay with sprint lol

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Indeed it is bro. Sorry about the length. i am a natural born debater and before I knew it that post was out of my control. LET ME SAY I DID NOT POST THAT TO START ANY CRAP WITH ANYONE. PLEASE NO NEGATIVITY GUYS. it seems everyone was saying what they felt so I weighed in. Forgive me please if I offended anyone. Were all here because we love our phones and the possibilities they offer. Man its been a long day. This post is even longer than intended lmao. I gotta go do something else for a while lol. Tty guys in a few

No,its quiet alright. I wasnt complaining or anything,i just kept scrolling and it kept comming lol. But like pergerson said,its a qood post. And like you said,it was for the phone and not to start anything. So no hard feelings.... Funny how we'r all posting in a thread that doesnt have a real significant meaning..yet.. (._.)

weston87

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok I want to apologize to everyone. I wanted to create this thread that we could post after we get ics. I guess I should have waited till we got it. I had no idea that it would end up like this. Lol I will say that it has turned out very interesting. Oh well. What's done is done.

Sent from my Evo 3d using Tapatalk!

FletchBerry

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
So true! I upgraded one of my lines three days ago with a GNex. I passed the 3VO down to my wife.

Boo Sense!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site

In more upset with lack of LTE. they only sell LTE devices now but Cleveland won't get it for 6 mos to a year. (its a year plus knowing Sprint). But that's another story. Sorry

Malixous

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I agree on both sides. I think if you really can't wait for the latest version root or get a nexus, but if you're like me and many others who don't want to root for one reason or another, there is really nothing we can do but patiently wait. I doubt sprint is doing this on purpose to make you buy a new phone. I mean they can't force you buy a phone at full price. I agree completely that it's a testing procedure the reason that they are holding back.

Sent from my 3D using Android Central Forums

trinamorgan88

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
In more upset with lack of LTE. they only sell LTE devices now but Cleveland won't get it for 6 mos to a year. (its a year plus knowing Sprint). But that's another story. Sorry

Or you could live here in South Carolina where there's no 4G and by the time for us to get LTE, the newest network vision will be out and we'll get screwed again. We are on the map for LTE, but we were on the map for 4G too.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk 2

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

Sprint is pissing more people off than making people buy new phones. They've ran with this for too long, and customers are naturally angry. I have no incentive to stay with them, for they've already taken away the ability for those who have had them for 10 years to upgrade annually.

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

ICS since last november, HTC finally released it last month and still waiting. Canada has it, unlocked has it, I guess Sprint/HTC are too busy crippling the Galaxy S III.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87