Sprint ICS update now live!!!

Asterling19

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I updated with no troubles this morning. Love the slick interface and font. Face recognition is cool. But...Yeah...other than that....about the same to me.
What am I missing?

glenninduluth

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Downloaded first thing this morning (Duluth, Minnesota). No problems at all. Download went fine and all apps are working as they should. Everything is running very snappy! Face recognition works great and I like being able to "disable" certain apps. Other than that, not a major change other than looking a bit flashier. Have had my 3D for close to a year and other than having the original battery go bad I have never had a single problem. No rebooting, freezing up, dropped call or anything. Best phone I've ever had and this update will keep it feeling fresh until my upgrade in November!

mrbootcrm

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone having trouble after the update with their phone not seeing music or pictures?
47eec4f9-51a5-0694.jpg

SipperPhoto

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone tell me how to get the facial recognition lock screen to work? I still have the old round ring lockscreen. It's fine, but I'd like to check the other one out.

The only problems I've had were notifications were a bit janky. I pretty much had to reset the sounds, etc.

What other features should I be looking for? Other than some slight visual differences, I'm not seeing a massive difference.

mjburgos

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
(originally posted 7/31, updated 8/1)
After ICS update:
1. I get a text message. I open the text message. After reading it I hit the back button. Messaging hangs.
2. Voicemail icon (not the transfered voicemail, but the notification that voicemail is waiting but hasn't downloaded yet) will not going away. I don't have any new messages.
3. A bug that has existed on the 3D since the first update a year ago: When I get a calendar notification, sometimes I push back the time to another time or date. When the EVO 3D first came out and I did that, the notification would go away, since it was no longer required. After the first update and ever since, including ICS, the notification doesn't go away unless I tilt the phone to activate the accelerometer. Then it goes away.

I have had it with a phone that doesn't work properly, that has important apps that just hang, that take a long time to open or close, etc. I am not a fan of Apple because they have turned into the modern day Microsoft with their anticompetitive bully tactics. Yet I see countless iphone users with phones that just plain work.

I think of how much time I deal with a phone that is constantly updating, apps that update out of no where, slowing my phone up, apps that don't work, etc. and then I think of the iphone. if the iphone 5 has 4G, I am ditching this phone and going with the iphone.

UPDATES:
1. Message apps simply doesn't work at all now. WTF???? I have rebooted more than once, and any time I open that app, it says to wait while its updating...I left it like that for more than 15 minutes, taking time to make sure the phone's LCD didn't shut off so I could keep an eye on it. Nothing. This app is now officially dead. I use text messaging a lot for work. I had to download a 3rd party messaging app, which works fine (Handcent SMS).
2. Phone is in CONSTANT update mode. I rarely DON'T see the update icon in the top menu bar.

This weekend I will back up my data, photos, etc. and do a factory reset. Hopefully that will clear things up. If not, I will be patient and hope for a Sprint iPhone 5 when it comes out.

Last edited:

hitraj47

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
What the heck? The lock screen widgets now mirror what's in the quick launch bar? Screw that! Where can I edit the lock screen icons, or can I not do this anymore?

Also, who is using SwiftKey? The keyboard notification keeps showing up. Does the evo 3D gsm have any of these issues?

Do I also have to turn on haptic feedback again? Gah. I'm glad we got the update (on the same day I get my Nexus 7 lol) , but they changed features they shouldn't have!

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded chrome to try it out and it seems very buggy the keyboard doesn't appear at times and at times like if it gets static. Other than that love ICS.

Chrome is buggy period once it runs its runs but before then its laggy

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

chuy85

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I had to reboot my phone after the update then I finished the set up for SwiftKey and it is working good now. Does any body know where to find the power saver option I can't find the widget or find it in the power menu

cajames1

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
What the heck? The lock screen widgets now mirror what's in the quick launch bar? Screw that! Where can I edit the lock screen icons, or can I not do this anymore?

I haven't found a fix for this either. It is killing me. I'm guessing it time to start using WidgetLocker Lockscreen.

anon(285475)

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes it seems like now the lock screen icons mirror what is on the quick launch bar. Honestly I don't think that's a bad way for them to have done it.

The keyboard icon that pops up in the notification area when you're using it is an ICS thing. This is now how you switch keyboards on the fly rather than long pressing in the input area. I've been using ics for a while on my touchpad so I've gotten used to some of these things.

Has anyone noticed that power save mode seems to have disappeared? Also some of the HTC widgets like battery, and the notepad? HTC hub doesn't have widgets anymore from what I see. Also another thing I've notice is gone is the option to turn on & off "always on mobile data"

What else have you guys noticed is missing from the old software?

remix1982

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
The only semi power save type options I've managed to find in the ICS updates is in the unlikeliest location. In the "Activate" menu under settings it opens up Sprint Zone. On this menu there's a subsection called Diagnostics/Power Configuration. It's not very robust but it's the closest thing to the old power save option I could find.

I'm sure there are apps to replace this functionality but it was nice to have it built in.

I know one of the things I was hoping for when in the ICS update was the ICS flip clock found on the EVO LTE. No such luck but I found this skin in the play store that gives the same look and features all the authentic HTC touches.

Last edited:

ddelancey

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I've tried since yesterday morning to get this update. I download it, tell the phone to install now, and the phone restarts to the bootloader which says:

***Relocked***
***Security Warning***
Shooter XC Ship S-ON RL
Hboot-1.50.0000
Radio-1.06.00.1216
eMMC-boot
Hboot

Fastboot
Recovery
Factory Reset
Simlock
Image CRC

I've searched numerous forums and haven't found a fix. Anyone smarter than myself have a clue? I've also tried returning to stock and downloaded two different RUU's and placed them in the root of the SD card named "PG86IMG.zip" The phone will parse through the file but just returns to the bootloader without giving me the option to press "volume up" to apply the update.

FusioNFro

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
The gps toggle used to be in quick settings under the notifications bar but now it's gone. I can't find it in settings either. My gps was luckily on before I did the update, but now is there not a choice to have it running or not?

anon(285475)

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
The gps toggle used to be in quick settings under the notifications bar but now it's gone. I can't find it in settings either. My gps was luckily on before I did the update, but now is there not a choice to have it running or not?

I just use the power widget, but it's still under "location" in the settings. Another strategy is to just leave it off and then any app that needs gps like navigation will take you right to the settings menu to turn it on. I'd definitely leave it off when you're not using it for battery life.

Reactions: FusioNFro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non