Foxfi wifi help!!!

skitzer9

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Has anybody with ics update has been able to use foxfi wifi hotspot capability on the evo 3d WITHOUT root??? Cuz the only thing I've been able to use is the Bluetooth DUN capabilities. The Bluetooth works good, but some apps don't have access to internet, and the tablet (ASUS Transformers Pad TF300T) says there's no internet.
42576baf-b2a2-1769.jpg

Also in the foxfi app theirs a part were is says Hash code but nothing is there, where my dad has the same app and the hash code is written there. Any help would be appreciated. And if theirs another thread with this topic, please show me.
Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

Reactions: migs

mmitchelloc

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
This worked with my SG2 after that last update

This will not work if your hotspot isnt visable but it did solve the problem of resolving an ip address for my mabookpro and W7 netbook

I cleared the catch on both foxfi and the plus then uninstalled both. I went to my wireless connection on my laptop and right clicked for status and then selected properties. I then clicked on the ipv4 item and selected properties. I changed the ip setting from auto to manual and imputed the following.

Please write down you existing DNS address, both of them, before you do this, you can access in the details tab in the previous window.

Ip address: 192.168.43.2

Subnet mask 255.255.255.0

Gateway Ip 192.168.43.1

Manualy input your old DNS into the appropriate box's and hit okay > close > close

go to your phone, reinstall both foxfi and foxfi plus, open foxfi and look at the hash tag that says do not change. write that hash down and then click on it. It will bring up a blank window were you will enter the hash you just copied down. with wifi already enabled on your device, begin a hotspot.

DO NOT TURN THE PROXY ON. I have not been able to affect that feature on my device without suffering loss of connectivity.

I would love to hear feedback on your success with thIis. If it works for most Ill redo this with some better instructions and screen shots.

Thanx

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Try Wifi Hotspot and USB Tether, it works great and no root necessary

Sent from my CUSTOM ICS HTC EVO 3D using Android Central Forums.

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Started right up on my HTC EVO 3D. Which Android version are you running?

Give this a try :
Download, install and run Telhoc Alpha, put in both the user name and password exactly as it says, after Telhoc Alpha starts, close the app. Now download, install and run Wifi Hotspot and USB Tether and it should be working as it should.
I think that when you install Wifi Hotspot and USB Tether it looks for previous hotspot login info.

Good luck!

Sent from my CUSTOM ICS HTC EVO 3D using Android Central Forums.