100 mb of memory on device storage, but can't download 20 mb app?

jsorryman

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone, my wife cannot seem to download Scramble. She keeps getting an "insufficient storage" message. She has 105 mb on the device, and plenty on her SD. Any tips?

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone, my wife cannot seem to download Scramble. She keeps getting an "insufficient storage" message. She has 105 mb on the device, and plenty on her SD. Any tips?
Hey J whats up ! Have you cleared the cache and data for the play store and reboot

asnigro

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Good luck partner. I've been having storage issues for about half a year now. I clear all caches, moved all apps from the internal phone storage to the card with larger capacity, deleted all text messages (especially those with pictures), deleted all pictures and videos from the phone hard drive, whittled down to only the apps I use regularly and still low storage.

I figure if you have the 1 GB of memory on the phone, the operating system takes up at least half of that, you then add Pandora, Facebook, Google maps, Twitter, Shazaam, Google Plus, Google Play and throw in some random smaller apps you only have 100-200 MB of storage free. At that point, the dreaded "insufficient storage" error pops up and won't let you update.

My phone says 219 MB free and havent been able to grab the two to three most recent facebook updates because the app is so damn large. Things are getting out of hand with these app sizes.

BiGsMiLeSKyLe

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Yep I guess this is a system wide error for the 3D, its irritating since i had about 110mb free and i wasnt able to download an app that was about 5mb,im guessing the way HTC indexes their memory on the phone is the culprit.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

RossJosh

Jul 5, 2017
Visit site
Unfortunately, that is just the case of apps being ridiculously massive nowadays. If you want to update something, you have to have the same free space as the app size if not more, as I think it doesn't just patch like you would in Windows. It just slaps a brand new one on top. Additionally, if you have cached files or the file takes up ACTUALLY more storage than that, wouldn't be surprised if it didn't let you install. I have plenty of such issues on my phone as well sadly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo