evo 3d release date? 9/30/2011?

error4o4

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Its going to take far more than one website with little detail to prove to me thats a real date, and not some Amazon style "pick whatever date we feel like" bullcrap.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Damn that better not be true. That wouldn't make any sense. Sprint has been staying on track so far with all their other release dates. Not sure why they would wait 6 months to release a phone after it's introduction, especially now that it seems like it will take a bit longer until the iPhone 5 comes out.

Maybe other stores will have exclusivity before they get it?

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Since they claim the Galaxy S II was released on Feb. 28 of 2011, I would take this release date with a giant cube of salt.

pseudobbs

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully sooner than that...I've been holding out for one but if it's not coming until September I'd rather just go with something else...

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So HTC did their 2011 Q1 results call last night. I didn't listen to it, but the link is below. Electronista says HTC mentioned "The company also had aggressive expectations for the spring. Expectations were that it would ship 11 million devices led by its two dual-core smartphones, the Evo 3D and Sensation"

Hmmm, HTC call saying spring expectations for EVO 3D... I think the September date can be dropped now.

English call

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
They have real, functional units that people have held and demoed. There's no reason they'd push off the launch so far after introducing it, and September makes no sense at all.

This phone will be out in June at the latest.

Richard1864

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Don't forget that Google released Android 2.3.4 yesterday, with video conferencing native. HTC may want to include that on the phone, which could necessitate a delay to make sure that Sense 3.0 and the dual core processor work with it. Gingerbread does NOT run Qualcomm's dual core processors native, but 2.3.4 apparently WILL run Samsung's dual cores native, so HTC has to make sure their drives work with teh new OS...according to Computer World anyways.

sprinttouch

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Don't forget that Google released Android 2.3.4 yesterday, with video conferencing native. HTC may want to include that on the phone, which could necessitate a delay to make sure that Sense 3.0 and the dual core processor work with it. Gingerbread does NOT run Qualcomm's dual core processors native, but 2.3.4 apparently WILL run Samsung's dual cores native, so HTC has to make sure their drives work with teh new OS...according to Computer World anyways.

I HIGHLY doubt that. HTC's releasing the flyer with gingerbread instead of Honeycomb! not a snowballs chance in hell they would delay the Evo 3D for an X.X.something update lol.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I HIGHLY doubt that. HTC's releasing the flyer with gingerbread instead of Honeycomb! not a snowballs chance in hell they would delay the Evo 3D for an X.X.something update lol.

Most normal humans have no clue what 2.3.x is vs 2.2.x. HTC won't delay the release of the 3D for that. They may do an update later of course.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo