Problem with my Note 10+ 5G

bigguh

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I initially had no intention of upgrading from the Note 9, but my curiosity got the best of me. The release date snuck up on me. The store near me had an Aura Glow 256 gb version. I gave in, even though I'd be coming from a 512 GB Note 9. I figured I could just add a 512 GB SD card to replace my 256 SD card, if I felt the need.

I picked the phone up from the store on Monday. The first sign of trouble was when the device would not activate without me calling customer service. I set everything up over Wi-Fi, so I had no reason to think anything was wrong. It wasn't until the next day that I realized something wasn't right. The data seemed to hang up to the point that sites would just freeze in the browser, and apps would not work. I had to regularly turn data off and on just to get anything to work. Each time, it would only work for a few minutes.

I contacted customer service via chat and they ended up suggesting a new SIM card. I headed to the store and the rep there said maybe the SIM card had been in the device for a month or two, and could possibly not be the most up-to-date for 5G. He also said he'd been replacing several SIM cards for similar reasons. So I had hope.

Shortly after I left the store, it was clear that the issue was not resolved, but I didn't have time to go back to the store and wait.

I contacted a rep via chat again in order to reactivate my Note 9. I explained to her why and she said she could still order a new phone before I'd actually returned the one that wasn't working.

Based on that, and thinking maybe there was some issue with the device being a 5G device, I would just go to my original plan of getting the black non-5G 10+ in 512 GB configuration. She placed the order for me and it showed as if the device were available.

I'll spare the details of the next two days, but needless to say there was ultimately an issue with the order. I was told. I'd receive the device today. Of course, that did not happen. I returned the device to the store today and waited a couple of hours to contact Verizon again to make my upgrade eligible again following return.

Unfortunately, the device is NOW showing backordered until September 11th!!! This has been one frustrating week. In addition, they deducted the restocking fee from my refund. I seriously can't wrap my head around that since I returned the device because it was defective. How does that make sense!? I ended up calling a rep AGAIN and got the restocking fee credited back to my account.

Whew! Now I have to be patient and hope the device comes sooner since the estimated date of arrival is just after my birthday.

I haven't seen any threads here describing a similar issue. I was hoping I wasn't the only one. Although I'm not happy with the situation, at least I know I'm getting the device eventually and I know how good it is from having used it for 3 days.

I also failed to realize that the 10+ 5G 512 GB is $200 more than the regular 10+ 512 GB! Wow.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Not a good experience at all !

Something I would have done as a process of elimination would be to try a different known to be working ok sin card in the Note 10 to see if it worked Ok and also tried my sim card in another phone.

I'm using a Note 10+ 5G bought directly from Samsung in the UK but as 5G is in its early stages and yet go be rolled out in my city I'm on a 4G plan and everything works fine in regards to data connection.

The 5G model is more expensive than the non 5G model I agree _ but you got to pay to play. ;)

bigguh

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
On a bright note, I was surprised to find an email telling me that my order has shipped and will arrive Tuesday. That is much better than the initial estimate of the 11th! I've already changed the delivery options to have it held at the UPS location for me to pick up, since I know it will require a signature and I most likely won't be home to sign for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d