Evo 3D unreleased release date gonna get me fired.

everyday17

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
The thing was just poorly designed from a structual point of view IMO. From "oreo-ing" to the wrap-around glass, it just wasn't designed for durability. And where it could multitask, it doens't have quite the umph, unrooted, that is, to do much more than basic tasks simultaneously. I've heard mostly good things about HTC's quality, so I'm thinking this is a step up software, performance and quality wise.

We Pre owners just want the 3VO to get released so we don't ave to limp with our Pre's!:D

I think you mean wrap-around soft plastic ;)

Mine doesn't even stay open all the way anymore, if I slide it all they way up the screen comes back down to the top of the keyboard making it hard to hit the top row of keys.

SCSnare

May 20, 2011
www.mricks.com
I'm on my second Pre. I've lost the charging port cover thing, it has a slight Oreo effect, a couple of cracks, and the backlight on the keyboard no longer works. I thought about taking it in and getting another replacement last month, but I'm just going to hold off until I can pick up the Evo 3D.

jtrane

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my second pre. This one melted from getting too warm in the sun. It wasn't even directly in the sun. It was in a bag, under some shade. But the plastic melted! What kind of p.o.s. phone melts from some heat from the sun? The volume in the headset sucks. It's gotten slower with age. It's begging to be retired. Stupid Sprint won't announce a stupid release date. Bugger.

ksumanth

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I was lucky with my pre too, was on my second in two years. But HP gives me no hope, i use pride in the fact that webos can do anything in a single step, but I am confident now that i cna do that same step in less time on the EVO 3d coz of its sheer power. And the apps advantage in unbelievable.

Reactions: BiGsMiLeSKyLe

lafester

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
The thing was just poorly designed from a structual point of view IMO. From "oreo-ing" to the wrap-around glass, it just wasn't designed for durability. And where it could multitask, it doens't have quite the umph, unrooted, that is, to do much more than basic tasks simultaneously. I've heard mostly good things about HTC's quality, so I'm thinking this is a step up software, performance and quality wise.

We Pre owners just want the 3VO to get released so we don't ave to limp with our Pre's!:D

lol. i can't say that i've used a pre but i think you will be quite pleased with the 3vo.

kmmill00

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I have been a faithful Palm user for years. I remember waking myself up early on June 6, 2009 to stand in line (well, i was the only one there) to get my Pre. Then I got home. And it was bad. So I went back and the replaced it. Then about 6 months later... it went bad. Now I carry THREE batteries with me when my phone is off most of the day (doesn't work in class), and will run through all of them. I'll be on a call, and my Pre will just turn off for no reason. My Bluetooth won't stay connected for more than a few minutes at a time. I had truly hoped the 3D would come out June 4 or 5, but if we haven't heard anything by now... :( All I know is that when I DO get my 3D, I'm going to go Office Space on my Pre! :cool:

cbwrob

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Original Pre owner here too on my second unit(first screen locked withing an hour of owning it). I am so glad to see I am not the only one jumping ship lol. And I agree with the battery issues...even if the EVO 3D has bad battery life I would still think it was good becasue anything has to be better than 4 hours lol.

Great thread and yes I too am one who so anxiously awaits the arrival of this phone. I come back onto this site and others every hour or so to see if the official announcement has been made.

We shall soon be free my fellow Pre owners!!

mauddib

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Kind of disappointed to see so many WebOS users here, only because I really want WebOS to succeed. Had the Pre for about 3 weeks myself but couldn't deal with the hardware. So I got the Hero went it came out. Had planned on getting the Pre3 but the lack of any information will keep me with Android. So I understand why you guys will be leaving just hope that WebOS will be successful some day.

kmmill00

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I wish I got 4 hours! lol. I barely get that. The funny part is, it'll say the battery is dead, and I'll flip it into my friend's Verizon Pre 2, and it's at full charge! I think the problem is HP. The crap they pulled with WebOS 2 just destroyed the WebOS 1 phones. We haven't gotten a software update since last year!

toad6386

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I wish I got 4 hours! lol. I barely get that. The funny part is, it'll say the battery is dead, and I'll flip it into my friend's Verizon Pre 2, and it's at full charge! I think the problem is HP. The crap they pulled with WebOS 2 just destroyed the WebOS 1 phones. We haven't gotten a software update since last year!

Yeah. HP lost me wehen they stopped supporting the OG Pre's. If they were making a bigger hardware jump I could see that better, but no. Not going to buy another HP product at all. Period. Love the OS, like most, but lack of support does the big Hoover thing.:mad:

kmmill00

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. HP lost me wehen they stopped supporting the OG Pre's. If they were making a bigger hardware jump I could see that better, but no. Not going to buy another HP product at all. Period. Love the OS, like most, but lack of support does the big Hoover thing.:mad:

I just looked. They haven't done an actual update since July 2010 for webOS 1.0. There was a minor update for a bug fix on May 9 for the Pre, though. hmmm... Huge let down on HP's end. They really should have continued to support the older phones. :(

toad6386

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
I just looked. They haven't done an actual update since July 2010 for webOS 1.0. There was a minor update for a bug fix on May 9 for the Pre, though. hmmm... Huge let down on HP's end. They really should have continued to support the older phones. :(

Yep, I'm confident we won't have the same issue with any android phone, much less than one that is currently above the curve. I don't think I'll have 20 month buyers remorse this time!!!! :cool:

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The Evo3d might be my first smart phone that I will keep for 2 years.....we'll see. I knew the Evo 4g would only last me a year because of the lack of onboard space for apps (I have so much stuff that even after clearing out all cache and moving every single app to SD card my phone is almost full) and because of the slow Adreno 200 gpu (I like games). The Evo3d fixes both issues, so, hopefully I can stick with it for 2 years.

kmmill00

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm just going to be happy to not have to carry two devices. I have my Pre, but for school (law student) I need quick access to the web, and my 9 lb laptop is not being carried around if I don't have to, so I have a 32 GB iPod touch that I use at school. I'm hoping the Evo 3D will eliminate the second device.

Also, does anyone know if I can turn Airplane mode on and still use WiFi on the Evo? I have WiFi in my school, but cell reception sucks, so if I leave my phone on, all that "searching for signal" crap just nukes my battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699