App Question

Hydraulic Jack

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I will be upgrading my I580 to an Evo 3D when they come out...I know nothing about these things to speak of...I did buy a Lexar 32G card for it already...Do I want to wait till I install the card into the phone before I transfer my MP3's to it? Also what app would I want to install first, apps2sd? I think that is so you can install apps on the card rather than internal memory?....Thanks in advance for your help.........HJ

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
just install it on internal memory. it has plenty. it will be faster load times from internal memory. if you happen to run out I am sure the phone will probably push them to sd card.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
just install it on internal memory. it has plenty. it will be faster load times from internal memory. if you happen to run out I am sure the phone will probably push them to sd card.

From what I have read, the Evo3d may have 4 GB of internal memory, but of that, only 1 Gb is available to install apps.

Yes, wait with the MP3s until you have the bigger card in it.

You don't have to install Apps2SD, a lot of apps install themselves automatically on the sd card, and for the ones that don't, it's a breeze to move them later. Under settings, applications, then go to "manage applications", click on the sd card tab, and there you will all the apps listed, the ones with a green check mark next to them are already on the sd card, the ones without can be moved simply by placing a check mark into the empty checkbox.

Reactions: enthuz

Hydraulic Jack

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Should I transfer the MP3's from my pc to the card before I install the card into the phone? Or wait until I install it into the phone so the phone sets up its own folders? Or does it do that?..HJ

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Should I transfer the MP3's from my pc to the card before I install the card into the phone? Or wait until I install it into the phone so the phone sets up its own folders? Or does it do that?..HJ

I would just do it later after the phone is done setting up the card.

I have the same card by the way, just got it last week and stuffed it into my Evo 4G and ran some speed tests. It worked as advertised, got 20 mb read, 10 mb write speeds.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site

nkd

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
yea thats what I am doing. I got the class 10 16gb card already and I have all my music on google cloud and amazon cloud. I still have 75% of space remaining on both, lol.

to me 16gb is more then enough. I never really watch movies on my phone, may be transfer a few here and there on a trip but that is not my primary use for the phone.

if you want 32gb and you need it, then go for it by all means.

yourfriendmat

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I would just do it later after the phone is done setting up the card.

I have the same card by the way, just got it last week and stuffed it into my Evo 4G and ran some speed tests. It worked as advertised, got 20 mb read, 10 mb write speeds.

What sort of utility do you use to test the speeds?

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm going to get an Adata 32gb class 4. It's on sale on NewEgg for $49.99, did anyone get their Lexar on sale because if I can catch one on sale i'll just skip on the Adata

Melaza

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to get an Adata 32gb class 4. It's on sale on NewEgg for $49.99, did anyone get their Lexar on sale because if I can catch one on sale i'll just skip on the Adata
Do you mind if I ask where you snagged that Lexar card, and for what price?

Thanks

From this thread:

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-3d/88248-who-getting-32-gb-card-their-evo3d-one.html

I just bought this card.

Amazon.com: Lexar High Speed MicroSDHC 32 GB Class 10 Flash Memory Card with Reader LSDMI32GBSBNAR: Electronics

I did a google search on it besides reading the reviews on Amazon of which the great majority were 5 and 4 stars, and found articles and reviews on it on popular websites like Phone Arena, Slashgear, Engadget and BGR.

It's quite a bit cheaper than what ordering directly from Lexar would cost you, $92 compared to $149. Hopefully it will work well in the Evo 3d. Seems like Lexar found a niche in the market that other makers of these cards haven't filled yet.

I found it for $83, but it just went up to $90 :confused:

Reactions: Djblue

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38