So, no official review, huh?

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I guess Android Central wont be releasing an in-depth review of the Evo 3D.

Not that we really need it at this point, I would still like to hear what Phil has to say, and I would also like to point out that with a review Phil could point out some complaints, thus indirectly exposing the problems to HTC and Sprint. We all know companies don't want bad press, after all...

Sprint reps DO look at forums and tech blogs and it'd be good exposure, nonetheless!

:'(

Over-iOS

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Not as excited for this review as I was a week ago when I didn't have the phone. Seems pointless to me now that I have it in my hands.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Not as excited for this review as I was a week ago when I didn't have the phone. Seems pointless to me now that I have it in my hands.

Fine. You don't have to read it then. In fact, you're not allowed to read it. Close your eyes and stand in the corner.

For everybody else, I'm getting there. :p

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I guess Android Central wont be releasing an in-depth review of the Evo 3D.

Not that we really need it at this point, I would still like to hear what Phil has to say, and I would also like to point out that with a review Phil could point out some complaints, thus indirectly exposing the problems to HTC and Sprint. We all know companies don't want bad press, after all...

Sprint reps DO look at forums and tech blogs and it'd be good exposure, nonetheless!

:'(

The phone came out four days ago. Unlike some of the major blogs, I doubt AC has the device in their hands to review far ahead of the release date.

Seriously, cut Phil some slack. If he rushed it, all of you would be complaining about how things were missing or how short it was.

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The phone came out four days ago. Unlike some of the major blogs, I doubt AC has the device in their hands to review far ahead of the release date.

Seriously, cut Phil some slack. If he rushed it, all of you would be complaining about how things were missing or how short it was.

Whoa whoa whoa, buddy!

I cut Phil a lot of slack and I follow this dude and give him respect for everything he's done and does for the Android community.

Let's not get hasty. I know the phone came out 4 days ago. Phil had it before the Premiere customers did... I'm not saying that's why he should have it out at all.

I literally thought maybe they decided to not do one because of all the feedback that the forum has to offer as it is.

It was not meant as an offensive or a *hint hint* post. Just saying, if they're gonna review it, I still wanna see the review even if I have the device and love it already!

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Count me in as one that looks forward to reading/seeing Phil's detailed review. I have learned so much on this forum/site that I welcome any information AC can offer.

cbwrob

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I am glad I am not the only one who enjoys reading reviews on an already made purchase.

I am actually glad Phil is taking his time because it seemed all the other reviewers did was briefly tinker with the UI, make a few calls,took a few pictures, and wrote how gimmicky 3D is lol.

I also enjoy reading AC reviews on units I have no interest in buying...I just recently joined AC but I gotta say coming from PreCentral it is a great site with lot's of information.

The forums are extremely helpful and I have gotten some neat apps becasue of the AC articles and forums...great community and great site.

LexInHouston

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Count me in as one that looks forward to reading/seeing Phil's detailed review. I have learned so much on this forum/site that I welcome any information AC can offer.
Same here. While I was hoping for the official review before launch, honestly, there was nothing that was going to stop me from getting this phone. I just love how in-depth the reviews here are and it always seems that I'll catch a feature or something I didn't know about before reading the review.

godsidekurt

May 17, 2010
Visit site
No Android Central Review?

What happened to a review coming from the wonderful guys right here at Android Central? I know they have said a number of things about it on the podcast and there's the initial review...but they said they were still doing a full review?

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: No Android Central Review?

What happened to a review coming from the wonderful guys right here at Android Central? I know they have said a number of things about it on the podcast and there's the initial review...but they said they were still doing a full review?

They still are...

Phil said he's been swamped and to expect it this week sometime. So hopefully today or tomorrow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38