HTC Sync - Need Input

planet_x

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had success in getting their evo 3d to sync successfully via the HTC Sync software? I have been able to use the generic all model sync load usin the 3.0.5551 ALL load (151MB) to get the correct drivers or a working set in any case to load and have the 3D see and be seen on the PC.

Sync though never occurs so I am using other tools and apps to sync via web based methods.

Any advice on if you had issues or if this is known issue would be great..im only seen sporadic success...I have NOT yet tried using the developer drivers that can be downloaded.

But while i can select items the actual sync never occurs.... it also spends several minutes on the splash screen w/ Updating HTC library.... in the bottom right corner...

I have enabled usb debug and tried every variation of sync....or so I think....

Windows 7 ultimate 64B with 3.0.5551 sync loaded phone has all updates applied

thanks

vanjangles

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Install HTC Sync on PC

Find the HTC Sync installer on the provided micro SD card. Make sure the micro SD card is installed on the phone, and then connect the phone to the computer using the provided USB cable. Set the phone as a USB drive. Drag down the Notifications on the status bar, tap current connection type, tap Disk drive, then tap done. On the computer, click OK or click Open Folder to view files. Double-click HTC Sync Folder-HTC Sync. Double-click HTCSync.exe, and then follow the installation instructions on the screen.

Set Up HTC Sync

On the computer, run HTC Sync. Connect the phone to the computer using the provided USB cable. On the phone, check Notifications on the status bar for the icon to see if the phone recognizes HTC Sync. The HTC Connect icon is added to the computer's system tray at the bottom-right side of the computer screen. Double-click the icon to open HTC Sync, and then wait for HTC Sync to recognize the phone. On the Device setup screen, enter a name for the phone. Click Save to open the Device Panel. To later on change the name of phone, click Overview > Device Setup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty