White EVO 4G LTE?

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
I love the feel of the white back at the ATT store. It was "grippy" as my 9yo said. "Not slippery" like the one you have now (samsung GII)She's right. I hope the black one from Sprint is grippy.

It actually looks to be half grippy and half slippery.
: )

Dakota 35-2

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Too many people posting on their shipping notices to even notice this little tidbit on the white EVO 4G LTE...

HTC EVO 4G LTE Overview/Advocate Deck « Inside Sprint Now

Take a look at page 7 of the presentation. It specifically states "Will launch in Black and White".

I wonder if the whole U.S. Customs fiasco held the white ones up or something?

Right away its gotta be a color thing...

***¦-} I think I'm an EVO 4G LTE ¦-} I think I'm an EVO 4G LTE ¦-} I think I'm an EVO 4G LTE ¦-} ***

nuprotocol

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Too many people posting on their shipping notices to even notice this little tidbit on the white EVO 4G LTE...

HTC EVO 4G LTE Overview/Advocate Deck « Inside Sprint Now

Take a look at page 7 of the presentation. It specifically states "Will launch in Black and White".

very nice find! cant wait to see what it looks like.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

ericj12

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site

HTC EVO 4G LTE Overview/Advocate Deck ? Inside Sprint Now

i doubt it had anything to do with customs since there was no option to pre-order a white one. they hold it back and release it later for the people who are still on the fence about buying one with the hopes that a white option will finally bring them around to buying one. i do like the look of the white phone but really, it wont matter what color phone i have once i wrap it in an otterbox or something....

krcm0209

May 11, 2012
Visit site
i doubt it had anything to do with customs since there was no option to pre-order a white one. they hold it back and release it later for the people who are still on the fence about buying one with the hopes that a white option will finally bring them around to buying one. i do like the look of the white phone but really, it wont matter what color phone i have once i wrap it in an otterbox or something....

I just don't get why they can't release both the white and black versions at the same time. Though I guess that's why I'm not a business major.

Reactions: YvesStLawrence

RG129

May 16, 2010
Visit site
The white OG EVO didn't even look white from the front. Hopefully if they make a white version of this one, they'll turn everything in front of the brushed aluminum ring white as well (including the non-LCD part under the gorilla glass).

Pace Racing

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I think there is one thing that has not been considered, and if I'm correct we may never see a white evo 4g lte. That is the fact that this phone is not painted, its anodized. In my research, the lightest color I've found that anyone is capable of anodizing is almond, which would of course look terrible. So unless they make a plastic version, I don't think we will ever see this phone in white.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I think there is one thing that has not been considered, and if I'm correct we may never see a white evo 4g lte. That is the fact that this phone is not painted, its anodized. In my research, the lightest color I've found that anyone is capable of anodizing is almond, which would of course look terrible. So unless they make a plastic version, I don't think we will ever see this phone in white.

Makes sense what you are saying but then again i'm looking down at my HTC One X (which i am prolly returning) and its face is white and isn't it same material as its 1st cousin, right? (and if it isn't maybe the white one will be : )

BTC

HTCOneX-1.jpg

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site

And thus, they will make it in almond.

:D

Dazo

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I've been set on getting the white one before the original release date was announced. The whole customs fiasco sucks bcuz it also pushed back the launch of the white version. I'll still wait it out.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

themuskr

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Makes sense what you are saying but then again i'm looking down at my HTC One X (which i am prolly returning) and its face is white and isn't it same material as its 1st cousin, right? (and if it isn't maybe the white one will be : )

BTC

The one X is made out of Polycarbonate not Aluminum therefor it can be white. you cant anodize aluminum white..

Emmanuel11

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I've been set on getting the white one before the original release date was announced. The whole customs fiasco sucks bcuz it also pushed back the launch of the white version. I'll still wait it out.

Same with me I'm gonna be watching this site like a hawk for any info of the White EVO except I'm only waiting 1 months or so I can't wait til August my deadline is July 25th

Dazo

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Anybody hear/find anything yet? I know all the fuss is about the S3 coming out but I haven't seen any traffic about the White EVO.