Pre order **MAY BEGIN** arriving on May 18th?!?

gikim1118

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Me too.

Thanks for pre-ordering. You are one step closer to getting your phone. Keep an eye out for a shipping email with your tracking information. We will do our best to get it to you before others get a glimpse on Friday, May 18. For questions, visit sprint.com/preorder.

six8

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
mine says: Thanks for preordering sucker. We really don't have a clue when your shiny new HTC EVO 4G LTE will ship

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
mine says: Thanks for preordering sucker. We really don't have a clue when your shiny new HTC EVO 4G LTE will ship

That would be fine by me, at least they would be being honest. ;-)

I would love to say there will be hell to pay if I don't have it before May 18th, but what the heck would that mean? They have us by the short hairs...

Fool me once, shame on your Sprint, fool me twice shame on me. Last pre-order I make. :-(

icenija

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Ok Ok we are all excited and anxious to get our new phones, myself included but I can say that I went through this exact same thing with the 3D and I got mine before you could get it in the store and I bet the same will happen here. Every company has to put out the CYA wording in case sh*t happens. If something goes wrong and you don't get your phone on before the 18th call them up, without an attitude, and see what kind of credit you can get and I'm sure they will oblige. Sprint is trying to get new customers and keep the ones they have. Just my .02

Ice

Last edited:

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Every company has to put out the CYA wording in case sh*t happens.

Well, they didn't (still don't) have a problem saying "get it before others get a glimpse" on their pre-order splash ad on the front of sprint.com. Now their status say "We will do our best to get it to you before others get a glimpse...". Definitely CYA.

rajamahal

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Well, they didn't (still don't) have a problem saying "get it before others get a glimpse" on their pre-order splash ad on the front of sprint.com. Now their status say "We will do our best to get it to you before others get a glimpse...". Definitely CYA.

It's probably an intern updating the status, yep an intern

nathy321

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
My order status just changed to this (3rd time the status changes today)

Thanks for pre-ordering. You are one step closer to getting your phone. Keep an eye out for a shipping email with your tracking information. We will do our best to get it to you before others get a glimpse on Friday, May 18. For questions, visit sprint.com/preorder.

So I guess we will have it before the 18 : )

kellyrx8

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
just talked to my friend at the corp store on the campus and she said this to me

"Pre-order gets you out of the hassle in the store and waiting. That's about it."

damn, well guess ill just hope it comes in sooner than later.

jcthorne#AC

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, If the 18th rolls around and I still don't have the phone nor still in the shipper's hands with tracking showing delivery for that day, I'll head to Sprint or Best Buy and pick one up on Friday and just refuse shipment of the preorder. Let Sprint pay to get it back.

Hopefully, it will be in my hands days before available OTC.

pteezay

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm lucky I live right around the corner from a Sprint store. I knew there was a reason I pre ordered it in the store for pick up on the 18th.

cr33p

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I pre ordered mine through Best Buy just a little bit ago and talked to a rep on the phone who told me to disregard their expected delivery dates and that they wouldn't be able to ship it until the release date. Although, yesterday when i talked to a rep about the pre order and asked them if they were actually allowed to ship the phones before sprints release date, they stated that they'd be shipped as soon as they receive them. Still not sure what to believe :/ Anyone else have any info from/about best buy pre orders and shipments?

My local best buy told me when the original Evo 4G dropped they had them in the stores for 2 weeks before they could sell them, I wonder if Best Buy will get them early, and then call us on the 18th for pick up?

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Sprint has said that the only way to get it before it is available in stores is to preorder online. This would include even Sprint stores and of course all other second party stores such as Best Buy, Wirefly, etc.

imranmali3

May 7, 2012
Visit site
At least you guys even have a status message, mine is blank and I feel like they are screwing with me now. First they double charged me, and then none of them give me proper information about why my status is not updating.

This is my first ever android (been on blackberry for the past 5 years) and I can't wait, but I have to wait any longer I am going to die. Well not die, but live on life support.

iamliko22

May 9, 2012
Visit site
This is what mine says....

HTC EVO 4G LTE 1 2012-05-07
Status: Thanks for pre-ordering. You are one step closer to getting your phone. Keep an eye out for a shipping email with your tracking information. We will do our best to get it to you before others get a glimpse on Friday, May 18. For questions, visit sprint.com/preorder.

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
So, my order status now changed to:

That is complete B.S.!! So, I payed my $199 to "get dibs early" (their words, not mine), and now we find out that I could have waited and possibly picked it up in the store before my pre-order will arrive?!?!?

Seriously Sprint? If this is true, you just KILLED whatever chance you had of anyone ever placing a pre-order again!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

$199 is the same exact price you would have paid had you walked into a store to get it. Its not like you paid any more than anyone who opted not to pre-order...so I dont get your point. You're pre-order GUARANTEES you a device in the event the stores sell out on day 1. It doesnt guarantee you will get a device before everyone else. Is there a possibility of that? Sure...but lets not act like you paid extra for the device to arrive early...

Reactions: Hurleygm

s1moore

May 25, 2010
Visit site
$199 is the same exact price you would have paid had you walked into a store to get it. Its not like you paid any more than anyone who opted not to pre-order...so I dont get your point. You're pre-order GUARANTEES you a device in the event the stores sell out on day 1. It doesnt guarantee you will get a device before everyone else. Is there a possibility of that? Sure...but lets not act like you paid extra for the device to arrive early...

I think what he means is that he ordered from Sprint for the $199 instead of Best Buy or Wirefly where he could have received a discount but waited until the 18th or later.

Hurleygm

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
just talked to my friend at the corp store on the campus and she said this to me

"Pre-order gets you out of the hassle in the store and waiting. That's about it."

damn, well guess ill just hope it comes in sooner than later.

That's what I've been thinking the whole time! Pre-order is just a guarantee we won't wait to weeks like I did for my OG EVO

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch