Wirefly Pre-orders

Bamm83

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Wirefly status update: You should have ordered from Sprint.com you cheap skate.

Although this did make laugh, I do feel bad for those who preordered for $119.99 only to find out there was a delay afterwards. But ultimately, everyone had to deal with the pain of the delay and while it's going to be nice getting it before Thursday, $80 bucks in my pocket would sound nice too after waiting for just a while longer.

juice87

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
LOL yeah i guess cheapskate but I mean no real worries on my side, my current phone works good i can wait a bit longer. I like having an extra 80 bucks in my pocket

JoshK

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered from Wirefly for $119 and it saved me almost $107 after taxes. My phone will ship out to me on national release date(as confirmed more than once) and I will have it just a few days after the people that pre-ordered from Sprint. . . I couldn't be happier!

I almost feel bad for people that paid so much to order from Sprint. You have to ask yourself why other companies can sell the phones to Sprint customers cheaper than Sprint will sell them. It almost seems dishonest to me, I think Sprint should offer the lowest prices to their customers.

byeblackberry

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I pre-ordered from Wirefly for $119 and it saved me almost $107 after taxes. My phone will ship out to me on national release date(as confirmed more than once) and I will have it just a few days after the people that pre-ordered from Sprint. . . I couldn't be happier!

I almost feel bad for people that paid so much to order from Sprint. You have to ask yourself why other companies can sell the phones to Sprint customers cheaper than Sprint will sell them. It almost seems dishonest to me, I think Sprint should offer the lowest prices to their customers.

Just hope you never have a problem and have to return it. Been there, done that. Never again.

Sweetz304

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I am so over this waiting game. Wirefly is horrible about communicating, but I agree juice87 the extra $80 in my pocket is GREAT!!!

One Happy Cheapskate!:D

caryds

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site

Maybe...or maybe not. I originally placed my order with WF, several days before anyone knew there was a customs delay. At that time, WF couldn't give me any confirmation or even guess as to when my order would ship. They just replied with "we'll send you an email when we know". I cancelled my order with them immediately and ordered directly from Sprint. I now KNOW that I will have my phone this week. Nobody knows when Sprint will have enough stock to ship to WF. I do hope you get it soon, and that extra $107 should buy you a tank of gas and a pack of smokes.;)

JoshK

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Maybe...or maybe not. I originally placed my order with WF, several days before anyone knew there was a customs delay. At that time, WF couldn't give me any confirmation or even guess as to when my order would ship. They just replied with "we'll send you an email when we know". I cancelled my order with them immediately and ordered directly from Sprint. I now KNOW that I will have my phone this week. Nobody knows when Sprint will have enough stock to ship to WF. I do hope you get it soon, and that extra $107 should buy you a tank of gas and a pack of smokes.;)

Sprint already said they had more than enough to cover their pre-orders, and since I ordered when I did(less than 16 hours after the Wirefly site went up) Wirefly told me that I would be in the first shipment. Actually, thanks for your post because if Wirefly was honest with you aboutshipment then they were probably honest with me! I'm pretty sure that Wirefly, BB, Amazon, ect all get an allotted amount of phones for the national release day but even if I have to wait two weeks after Sprint pre-orders it is totally worth it because I have over $100 extra to spend on accessories. Plus the extra time I wait will give them a chance to work out any kinks.

deets86

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

Sprint doesn't ship phones to WireFly. WF receives phones directly from HTC. At least that is what they told me while I was on chat with them today.

They also said that they expect to receive their shipment around the same time that Sprint receives theirs, so, again, if that is the truth, WF should be receiving the Evo's from HTC any day now, if they have not already.

I'm cautiously optimistic that we will have our phones by the end of the week.

Here is a copy of the chat (edited for personal information):

Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...Please be sure not to refresh your browser or hit the "back" button during our session.
You have been connected to Dylan.
Dylan: Hi . Thank you for contacting our chat support group. I'd be glad to help you with your concern.
Dylan: For security reasons, could you please verify the last four digits of your Social Security Number?
Me: ####
Dylan: Thank you for the verification.
Dylan: There is no update about the phone being available as of now.
Dylan: We haven't received any update from Sprint and HTC regarding the issue.
Dylan: We will have the phone model available in stock as soon as the manufacturer starts supplying the phones.
Dylan: Your phone will be shipped on priority basis once we have the phone model available in our stock.
Me: does wirefly get their phones from Sprint or are they shipped directly from HTC?
Dylan: We receive the phones directly from HTC.
Me: okay. do wirefly shipments have to be cleared by customs like Sprint shipments do?
Dylan: The issue is between the manufacturer and the customs.
Dylan: Once the issue is resolved, HTC will supply the phones to Sprint as well as us.
Me: So, is wirefly expecting delivery at the same time, or shortly after, Sprint receives delivery from HTC?
Dylan: We will receive the phones approximately in the same time.
Me: okay, if wirefly receives shipment, are they allowed to ship out preorders, or do they have to wait for Sprint to announce a new launch day?
Dylan: Sprint will announce the new launch date once the issue is resolved and we will ship the phones accordingly.

Me: Okay, if Sprint announces a launch day within the next 24 hours, which it looks like they will, is it possible that my order will be delivered this week?
Me: https://insidesprintnow.files.wordpr...5/carecomm.png According to that memo, it seems like an official annoucement from Sprint is imminent
Dylan: Yes, we will receive the phones once the issue is resolved and the phones will be shipped according to the new launch date.
Me: okay. is there an eta of when wirefly will receive shipment from HTC. It definitely seems as if Sprint has already received shipment.
Dylan: Unfortunately, I cannot assure you on the exact date at this point of time.
Dylan: We are trying our best to get the phone in our stock as soon as possible.
Dylan: You will receive an update as soon as the phone model is available in the stock.
Me: okay. When will my view receipt page be updated? Wirefly has allowed me to receive a free bluetooth for each device, cancelled my two day shipping, and upgraded my shipping to next day delivery since I originally placed my order. When will those changes be reflected on my receipt page?
Dylan: The shipping change will reflect on the page.
Me: it hasn't reflected yet and it's been around a week since wirefly has approved the change
Dylan: I will send you an order summary again.
Me: okay. and that will reflect the shipping change and the free bluetooths?
Me: I received the e-mail, and the price is the same, which indicates shipping hasn't changed, an it has the wrong shipping address on it
Dylan: There may be some technical issue.
Dylan: the shipping is next business day.
Me: okay. and just to confirm, the shipping address is #### Address #####?
Dylan: Yes, the shipping address is "Address".
Me: okay, and that should also be the billing address
Dylan: The service billing address is "Address".
Me: can that be changed here, or do I need to change that through Sprint?
Dylan: You will have to change the billing address through Sprint.
Me: okay. that's fine
Me: if I send a link through this chat, will you be able to access it?
Dylan: I can try. However, I cannot assure you on that.
Me: it's Sprint's official website
Me: http://community.sprint.com/baw/comm...-4g-lte-update
Me: they officially confirmed that they are shipping and expecting arrival of preorders on 05/24
Me: Can you ask your supervisor how that effects wirefly's preorders?
Dylan: I cannot assure on a final date yet. However, we will ship the phone as soon as it is available in the stock.
Me: i know that's the official response for CSRs to give customers, but is that the response from your supervisor in light of the news from Sprint?
Dylan: Yes, we are waiting for an update from our corporate management.
Dylan: We will be able to provide you an exact information once we receive an update from our corporate management.
Me: okay. Can i request to be e-mailed as soon as corporate sends out any type of update?
Dylan: Sure, we will send you an update once we receive any information from our corporate management.
Me: okay. thank you for your time
Dylan: You are welcome.
Dylan: Is there anything else I can do for you today?
Me: that will be all

juice87

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Sprint doesn't ship phones to WireFly. WF receives phones directly from HTC. At least that is what they told me while I was on chat with them today.

They also said that they expect to receive their shipment around the same time that Sprint receives theirs, so, again, if that is the truth, WF should be receiving the Evo's from HTC any day now, if they have not already.

I'm cautiously optimistic that we will have our phones by the end of the week.

Here is a copy of the chat (edited for personal information):

Thanks good looking out hope thats true!

EVOLTE

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Email just received from Wirefly (first notice ever regarding this subject):
"Thank you for ordering from Wirefly Friends and Family Store.

Great News! We learned overnight that US officials finally cleared the Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE shipment and they will soon be on their way to Sprint and, of course, us.

We do not have a definitive delivery date yet, but we?ve done this many times before and we can assure you that the phones will literally spend about 1 hour in our distribution facility before we ship them out the door.

To be fair to all of our customers, we are shipping the phones in the order in which the purchases were made. We will send you an email as soon as your device is ready to ship. If you wish to make any modifications to your order, now would be a good time to do so because when the phones arrive, we?ll be heads-down working to get them out the door ASAP.

We are glad that Sprint, HTC, and the US Government were able to come to agreement because this is one incredible device and from everything we?ve heard, worth the wait. Thanks again for shopping with us. We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,

You Friends at Wirefly Friends and Family Store"

deets86

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Just received this e-mail:

And I quote:
Thank you for ordering from Wirefly Friends and Family Store.

Great News! We learned overnight that US officials finally cleared the Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE shipment and they will soon be on their way to Sprint and, of course, us.

We do not have a definitive delivery date yet, but we’ve done this many times before and we can assure you that the phones will literally spend about 1 hour in our distribution facility before we ship them out the door.

To be fair to all of our customers, we are shipping the phones in the order in which the purchases were made. We will send you an email as soon as your device is ready to ship. If you wish to make any modifications to your order, now would be a good time to do so because when the phones arrive, we’ll be heads-down working to get them out the door ASAP.

We are glad that Sprint, HTC, and the US Government were able to come to agreement because this is one incredible device and from everything we’ve heard, worth the wait. Thanks again for shopping with us. We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,

You Friends at Wirefly Friends and Family Store

Reactions: wirefly_kim

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbledore