Sim card?

Maven454

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I thought that LTE phones all had sim cards (since Verizon put sim cards in their LTE phones), but the Evo 4G LTE doesn't have a sim card, anyone know why? Was I simply wrong in my assumption that LTE required a sim card?

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
It's too bad, really. Verizon announced that they would enable the GSM capability of some of their LTE phones, since they do have SIM cards, so that they can be used internationally. If Sprint hadn't chosen the make the SIM card on the E4GLTE embedded, there could have been a chance that Sprint might do the same thing for it in the future.

PhyscoAssassinX

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
There is no LTE sim

cardswazedahustla said:
Sprints LTE is integrated within the S4 processor, so there is no need for a sim card. Thats a good thing because not having a seperate radio for LTE saves on power consumption and will make battery last longer.

its part of the 2nd Gen LTE radios

Last edited:

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so 5 replies so far that all contradict each other.

Can someone clearly state whether what Verizon just announced for a few of their LTE phones to work internationally could be possible by Sprint with the EVO LTE (and/or GNex LTE)?

That is all. Thx.

PhyscoAssassinX

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so 5 replies so far that all contradict each other.

Can someone clearly state whether what Verizon just announced for a few of their LTE phones to work internationally could be possible by Sprint with the EVO LTE (and/or GNex LTE)?

That is all. Thx.

Yes Verizon did, you obviously didnt read my post so ill say it again.... Sprints LTE is integrated within the S4 processor, which means no sim card which means no GSM capability

Verizon this afternoon confirmed that four of its CDMA Android smartphones will receive software updates that allow them to connect to GSM networks outside the United States. The phones are the HTC Rezound, the Motorola Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX, and the Motorola Droid 4. All four of the phones phones are 4G LTE capable and thus have SIM cards, which generally is a hallmark of a GSM device.

So the HTC Rezound, the Motorola Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX, and the Motorola Droid 4 on top of the DROID 2 Global, DROID 3, the Incredible 2, LG Spectrum Are all world Phones