Weird noises with AUX jack in the car?

Paredes_skills

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that when my phone is in between playing music there is this awful scratchy/screechy noise coming through my car's speakers. I have never had this issue with any other phone. The cord works fine with my original EVO and other phones/devices. Has anyone experienced anything similar? Any suggestions?

jem286

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
if you have your phone plugged in to a charger as well could be feed back form the electric system in your car. but if it is not try a pair of head phones and see if it happens then. if it does tell sprint you need a replacement when made available

Stanza987

May 28, 2012
Visit site
I second what Paredes says. When I hook up my EVO 4G LTE to the auxiliary port in my car, it makes a weird fuzzy sound between songs. Car speakers/aux jack/aux cable are all fine. I think it may be a problem with the phone itself :-\

smallpsych

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
if you have your phone plugged in to a charger as well could be feed back form the electric system in your car. but if it is not try a pair of head phones and see if it happens then. if it does tell sprint you need a replacement when made available

If that's the issue, what can you do about it? I have the same problem in my car, except its been with every device I have, while I'm charging. I did order a bluetooth music adapter to see if that will help...

Mophomania

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed it too, although it doesn't happen every time. I played around with different sound settings and still got the same result. I jiggled the aux cable and seemed to go away. I also noted some small popping noises from my truck speakers but not loud enough to annoy me that much. I've been using Pandora exclusively with the beats Urbeats setting. Sounds awesome in my nissan titan.:D

sent from my wicked EVO ONE using mind beam.

wallfire

May 28, 2012
Visit site
There's something up with the devices that were shipped out w/r/t audio quality. Here's why I say so...

1) Phone Playing to Bluetooth Headset and Bose Soundlink both get cracking/popping noise without any cables attached
2) When phone is plugged in car to charger and aux, severe alternator/road noise is present if no audio is playing. Once an audio source starts to output, the sound goes away, but the popping is still present just like with scenario 1
3) With the phone plugged into the aux jack only (no charger), same popping sounds noted
4) Issue persists with Beats on and off, no change.

So, one can reasonably be sure it's a phone issue, and the fact that it's picking up road noise so badly and outputting it over the aux out suggests it's a hardware flaw, which is bummer city.

eKennedy

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Just chiming in to say I noticed this problem also. My OG Evo worked fine with the aux jack in my car, but I get the funky noises with the Evo LTE. It's not alternator whine, but it does sound exactly like the chirps you hear over computer speakers when a GSM phone is getting a call nearby.

So I doubt it has anything to do with the cables and such. It definitely seems to be an issue with the phone itself.

nightdesigns

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Also have experienced the same issue. Only occurs with both the Headphone/aux jack plugged in and the power cable in the car. Power cable doesn't even need to be plugged in all the way, just touching and the sound occurs. It is definitely some sort of ground loop through the power cord and back into the stereo via the audio jack.

Strange part is that while a song is playing the sound stops (not hidden by the music, but completely stops). When music starts playing (and the beats icon appears) the buzzing stops, then when the song ends and there's a few second before the next (and the beats icon disappears) the sound is heard. You won't hear it the last second of a song when there is silence, but as soon as the track ends, it is heard. Also is heard if you pause a song (after a very brief delay). I also have the beats "feature" disabled, but changing the settings doesn't make a difference.

Never had an issue using the same setup with my original EVO or any other phone.

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Try getting a shielded audio cable. That might prevent the frequency interference you are locking up from the power cord.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using tapatalk

strudel#AC

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
This is very obvious when using Google Music with headphones. (I am using Shure SE530s, they are very accurate and don't leave out any details of what you are listening to) It is almost like I can tell what the radios are doing. Thankfully, I can't hear it once music starts playing.

Listening in my car or with cheaper headphones I don't notice it, but with nice headphones it is really disappointing to hear from a phone that is marketed for its audio abilities. :'(

My Epic 4G had lots and lots of problems, but this wasn't one of them.

Pete Garcia

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Mine is doing the same in between songs. Only when i have my headlights on...Crazy!...i turn headlights off and it plays like a charm...during and in between songs...i have no charger plugged into it just the aux cable..For now i guess i cant use it at night when headlights are needed the most...lol.. but let me know if its only doing it when your headlights are on.. some car headlights stay on automatically so its probably always occuring..i have a Chrysler 300.

Antwonizzle

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
For me the cracking noises are directly related to the beats audio logo on the status bar. Between songs on Pandora the beats logo goes away and the noise starts, right before the next song starts the logo reappears and the noise goes away... Maybe something to do with beats audio?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Robynsnest

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I got those noises with my last Evo and it was the battery charger. When I unplugged it they went away. With the LTE the sound through my AUX cable is not that good on voice calls. Music wise it's fine but voice calls are so faint I have to crank the volume WAY up to be heard. I ordered a bluetooth car kit hoping that will fix it. Anyone else have the low volume on voice issue? And yes, I cranked up the in call volume too.

sgreen0

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Just thought I'd post my similar experience.

I have a new-ish Monster cable between LTE and Aux jack. When ausio is present sound is great. When audio is off, there is a buzzy sound.

I haven't tried unplugging the USB/power cord - I'll do that this afternoon and if there is a change, I'll post...

Stephen

cgiaimo

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I also had the Screeching noise when using a cord in the headphone jack and an aux jack in my car. Thought it might be coming from the power supply so I unplugged the charger but it did not go away. It eventually has stopped and not reappeared, so I think it may have been some debris inside the headphone jack that worked it's way out. I also am getting frequent loss of the left channel, but think maybe my cord is going bad.