Anyone have any luck today finding an Evo LTE?

Grebnehtor

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I called about 15 stores today with no luck. I tried Sprint, Radio Shack, Walmart and Best Buy. Did I miss anyone? Only 3-4 said they even had them, and they wouldn't sell to me as I didn't have a pre-order.

Anyone have any suggestions? All the stores told me the end of the week.

skoolboi

May 28, 2012
Visit site
You should pick a couple locations close to you .. preferably best buy ( They are still taking pre-orders) and put your name on the pre-order list. They wont sell them to you before sprint gives them a release date without a pre-order. I did this Friday afternoon. Got a call Saturday I could come and pick one up because someone didn't get their pre-order and I was next on the list. I told her it would be a Hour and Half before I could make it she said ok. Thought that was my "appointment" unfortunately by the time I got there she had already sold them. told me she called 10 other people after me and someone got there first. So Im still waiting. I was pissed! the store wasn't exactly close to me, but it did give me hope that I would have it sooner than later. Still no definite release date you are better off just pre-ordering and seeing which one comes first.

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
What I read on a different forum on here is that they will not be getting orders till the end of June and when I went to bestbuy yesterday to put my screen protector on, the lady was like this is the first EVO I've actually done and seen.in person. She told me they aren't expecting phones to be in unroll June like the forums said

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums

skoolboi

May 28, 2012
Visit site
What I read on a different forum on here is that they will not be getting orders till the end of June and when I went to bestbuy yesterday to put my screen protector on, the lady was like this is the first EVO I've actually done and seen.in person. She told me they aren't expecting phones to be in unroll June like the forums said

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums

Yea I just got off the phone with a few locations. It was a mix bag. One location said they are willing to sell any extras they get outside of their pre-orders ( first come first serve ). Another said they receive shipments on tues and fridays, but the way the processing is happening with this particular phone they can't track it so cant say for sure if it will be in on these shipping days or how many ( instead of going through bestbuys warehouse they are being UPS'd straight to store locations bypassing their standard shipping methods.) Finally another said they were still only selling them to pre-orders and were still accepting them, but they all said that basically unless you are on a pre-order don't expect to see them in stores or a national release until sometime middle-late June.

My advice .. Just get on someone's pre-order list and ride it out...

kennethbring

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. I was in the Sprint store the other day selling my old EVO and buying an Otterbox (two hours later I received the case from Sprint) and seriously ALL the employees were circled around me and my phone. They hadnt even been able to hold one before. They usually give employees (in Sprint stores at least) about 1-2 weeks of hands on training with the phone before it goes on sale in-store. So I would guess without a pre order, it'd be about mid-late June as well.

ReyRey

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I called my local walmart and they had one, but decided to wait for amazon if all this stores are getting them that means that amazon should get them too and the price of $149 no tax and free activation is not bad even though that at BB if you get the gift card and then get them to price match for $149 that's even better.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress