how to change text message notification sounds on the htc 4g lte

dmock79

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how to change your ringtone for text message notification to a ringtone that you downloaded to your phone? I have searched everything and I am unable to figure out how to do this on the htc evo 4g lte?

AlTryon

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: how to change text message notification sounds on the htc 4g

mount your phone as a disk drive, create a folder called media, then a folder inside that called audio, then a folder inside that called notifications, put the song you want in there. Unmount your phone. Then go into your text messages, hit settings in the top right corner and hit notifications then notification sound, and pick your song

Last edited:
Reactions: riccowboy

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

Does anyone know how to change your ringtone for text message notification to a ringtone that you downloaded to your phone? I have searched everything and I am unable to figure out how to do this on the htc evo 4g lte?
Are you sure you searched everything? 'Cause for the default messaging app, all I have to do is look in the settings...

ixgzl4.png
35kohtd.png
fbfgk3.png

junebug72

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

How bout individual ringtones for text messages.

oehrensperger

May 10, 2012
Visit site

Assuming you mean PC instead of CPU, :p , get a file explorer from the play store. Astro or Linda Manager will work well enough.

Luis Odicio Aguilar

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
l found how to do this by accident: first you have to transfer whatever music file you want as your txt notification ringtone to the SD card (easier to find with the APP l used) and you have to download ES File Explorer (File Manager) for this to work.

l'm assuming most of us have and use Facebook on our phones, go on Fb and click the bottom of the screen to have "settings" brought on the screen, then scroll down to where it says "Notification Ringtone" and click on that. A new window will pop up with several options (mine shows: "Common Resource, ES File Explorer and Media Storage") click on ES File Explorer, you can either choose "always" or "just once" depending on your using preferences. Once ES File Explorer shows your files, look for ext_sd and click on it...it'll show all the files that are currently stored on your SD card. Scroll down until you find the mp3 or music file you'd like to use and click on it, that file is now set as your Fb notification ringtone and at the same time has been added to the list of notification sounds on the phone's settings. Repeat as needed to add more songs to the list, l have about 5 songs (actual music) already added to that notifications list in the phone's settings :D enjoy