PC not recognizing sd card. Help?

Hahano

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this, but I've been trying to figure this out for an hour with no success and I've googled absolutely everything I can think of. :( Perhaps someone here can help me instead.

My problem is this: When I connect my evo lte to my pc (running Windows XP), my internal storage is recognized no problem, but my SD Card seems non-existent. Using "HTC Sync Manager" and "Disk Drive" fail to recognize the SD Card, and when I click "Media Sync", nothing at all happens.

When I originally clicked "Media Sync", the MTP failed to install so I reinstalled/updated the HTC Sync on my PC, turned off my phone, restarted PC, tried again, and still no change. I've tried unplugging/restarting multiple times, and it seems like no matter what I do, my PC refuses to recognize my SD Card. I have stored images from my phone on the Card, so it seems to be working fine with my phone, just not sure what's up with the Card and my PC... Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thank you ahead of time!

AlternetConcept

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah you know that's really funny cause I was trying to put all my music on my SD card rather than have it on the internal memory.. but for some reason... the phone separates 10 GB aside and acts as if that is an SD card... So I am on the same exact boat as you..

Answers please!!

ImNoPrince

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I just ended up taking the SD out and moving files back and forth to it that way. For some reason HTC made the Phone storage as SD so the SD card become SD2 and for some reason windows doesn't seem to want to read both of them.

My system is a bit old and I need a reader for the 32gb card anyhow as the built in one is onlt good up to 8gb cards or non-HCSD or something like that so maybe that's the issue.

Now to find where the Phone wanted files I did some pics and videos 1st and then just added to those folders . same thing with ringtones and Music.

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I get windows to recognize sdcard2, but can't access the built in sdcard. If u get a file manager like astro u can move files between the 2 which takes a lot less time than transferring to pc then writing to the other card.

Haven't used dropbox on the EVO LTE yet, so maybe it is better? Never really moved big files with it before.

Sent from OG EVO LTE with Android Central Forums

Hahano

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
So it recognizes sdcard, or sdcard2 first? I did notice those after I posted this, but didn't get a chance to try. Maybe I will try later today and see if I have better luck with one or the other. Kind of seems inconvenient though that if I move things to "sdcard", it's really not sdcard I'm moving it to lol :(

sjcdal

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
This is a problem for me as well. I have a few apps (ewallet is one) that sync from PC to Android...and do not offer option of where to sync.

For me this involves:

• Usb Connect..choose Disk drive
  • let ewallet sync to what will be the inserted MicroSD
  • Now change to MEDIA SYNC on phone connection type
  • On PC you will now see EVO as a device. With Phone/Card as folders
  • Copy from the CARD (your inserted MicroSD) to the proper directory in PHONE (the internal SD)
Not the cleanest process, so I am hoping there will be a way within apps to tell them where to save...
Screenshot_2012-06-08-13-36-00.png

x2evo2.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38