Samsung HS3000 Bluetooth Review (HTC Stereo Clip alternative)

Nasko

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully this setting exist, I don't have it delevired yet, so I can't test it or see this setting. But thank you for the info. I was thinking about cancelling the order. Mood back up :). It's still 2:30pm here, but later on it is beer time.

sracercelica

May 14, 2010
Visit site
So, when you connect a bluetooth headset (a device with speaker and mic) it connected as a headset and you will see a headset icon in the task bar (headphones with a boom mic icon). When you connect a pair of bluetooth headphone, it connected as headphone and you see a headphone icon in task bar (headphone icon only, no boom mic). When in headset mode all audio and mic functions are diverted to the bluetooth device. When you are in headphone mode only speaker output is directed to the bluetooth device and the phone mic is active. In this case you have a headset device connected, so by default both audio and mic functions are send through the bluetooth device. I believe in the bluetooth settings for such a device, you can change its mode to headphone mode, which will only use the bluetooth device as a speaker, leaving the phone mic enabled. Hope this help to unruin your Friday! It's beer:30!

I tried the headphone mode and phone call audio is not streamed to the unit. It stops media streaming when a call is made and thats it, no call audio is heard.

Nasko

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I tried the headphone mode and phone call audio is not streamed to the unit. It stops media streaming when a call is made and thats it, no call audio is heard.

Friday gone downhill again. ahhhh. are there any bluetooth control apps that might be able to fix this? Something analogous to WiFi manager.

couragedragon

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Well supposedly you should be able to get at least 6 hrs of streaming time on one charge.

Yep, that's about right. I've run it down from a full charge and that was about right although I wasn't timing it.

Thanks for testing all that out man!

awesome, thanks. not sure why they don't show it on the page i found but on yours.

I was wondering the same thing when I was doing my research. That feature should be more prominently advertised for sure, but then again, maybe that's how we can get it at such a great price :D

IIIMik3

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
do you have to turn this device on each time you want to use it?

I'm trying to see if this would be a good solution for using in my car. I'd like to be able to just leave it constantly plugged in to a USB power adapter so that i never have to worry about whether or not it's charged. However, my car cuts power to the power port when the car is shut off. So when i turn the car back on, would i need to turn the unit back on (assuming it hadn't been used for a while so the battery has probably run down.)?

sracercelica

May 14, 2010
Visit site
No you don't have to turn it back on. It has a slider button for turning on/off so you could just leave it in the on position. I don't know about leaving it plugged in all the time thought, I thought that was bad for units rechargeable battery....?

IIIMik3

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
No you don't have to turn it back on. It has a slider button for turning on/off so you could just leave it in the on position. I don't know about leaving it plugged in all the time thought, I thought that was bad for units rechargeable battery....?

oh cool. Well i wouldn't ever really use it otherwise, so i don't really care too much for the battery. As long as it would just turn on whenever there's power would be great.

digmys

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
oh cool. Well i wouldn't ever really use it otherwise, so i don't really care too much for the battery. As long as it would just turn on whenever there's power would be great.

It gets like 170 hours of standby battery life or something according to the manual, so that's like what, almost a week? I haven't had mine die yet and I've left it plugged in constantly, always on. It charges while I drive, and my power port stays on for about ~30 minutes after I turn my truck off so it charges then too.

I can really only see it dying completely if I went on a trip for a week or something and did not drive my truck. I'm not sure if it would come back on instantly if the battery was dead and it suddenly got power, but If I had to guess I would say it would.

So it works great for a permanent install :cool:

Reactions: sracercelica

IIIMik3

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
It gets like 170 hours of standby battery life or something according to the manual, so that's like what, almost a week? I haven't had mine die yet and I've left it plugged in constantly, always on. It charges while I drive, and my power port stays on for about ~30 minutes after I turn my truck off so it charges then too.

I can really only see it dying completely if I went on a trip for a week or something and did not drive my truck. I'm not sure if it would come back on instantly if the battery was dead and it suddenly got power, but If I had to guess I would say it would.

So it works great for a permanent install :cool:

awesome! this is exactly what i was hoping to hear! :) What are your thoughts on sound quality?

IIIMik3

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Perfect, swapping it with a cable as fast as possible I can tell no difference at all.

sweet, i ended up ordering one just this minute! :D

Taking an idea from a thread on another forum (which i think you might have been in :)) i will be opening the unit up to disconnect the battery, so that the unit will only be on when the car is on. I don't want to have to deal with the possibility of it staying connected when i walk away from the car, but am still within BT range.

sracercelica

May 14, 2010
Visit site
sweet, i ended up ordering one just this minute! :D

Taking an idea from a thread on another forum (which i think you might have been in :)) i will be opening the unit up to disconnect the battery, so that the unit will only be on when the car is on. I don't want to have to deal with the possibility of it staying connected when i walk away from the car, but am still within BT range.

Is there a tutorial for that?

IIIMik3

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
hmm, i just received mine, and while testing it out, i noticed that it seems to have a bit of lag. When watching videos the audio will be about .5 - 1.5 secs behind. Anyone else experiencing this?