I need help!

mazzmoney95

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I've never returned a phone. I dont know what checks they do to the phone to ensure it isnt tampered with. My phone is rooted and as of now my screen doesnt work (it's on but it is near impossible to see because it's super dim). I cant unroot it because my phone is stuck in a loop after i tryied to factory reset it. My real question is can they check if my phone is rooted even though they cant access my phone. I bet they can, but do they check for it?

Also, if anyone knows how to restore a phone to stock setting (the RUU i'm guessing) without accessing the phone itself please help me.

Thanks guys

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
If you take your phone in and they see its in a constant boot loop im pretty sure the store employees arent going to do anything but the bare minimum and walk to the back and hand you a new phone.

sabbys

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I would visit a Sprint corporate store and ask them to re-flash you image because it is stuck in a boot loop. My experience is that the techs that service them in the store do not care and probably do not look. They will just hook it up to their recovery notebook and push the image to your phone.

I had to have my last phone re-flashed about five times, so I got the routine down a bit. And each time it was rooted (and a little ugly fwiw).

Make a reservation online with a nearby corporate Sprint store for technical assistance, that way they will probably work on it while you are there, around 15-20 minutes. Otherwise you have to leave it and pick it up later.

Best of luck

sabbys

mazzmoney95

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Alright, as long as the employees are pretty lax. besides you cant SEE the screen anyway, the phone is pitch black (the only place it's readable in is my kitchen under direct lighting).

I just dont want them to find out it's rooted. Push come to shove i'll just take a hammer to the phone...

digmys

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Boot into bootloader, flash RUU. If that doesnt fix it, go exchange it. Yes they can certainly tell if it is rooted, and have even charged people for the new phone in the past once it got to a service center and THEY found out it was rooted. But that is rare, normally they do not check. You voided your warranty rooting it, and if necessary, should be prepared to live without a warranty and pay the consequences (not saying you rooting it had anything to do with the defect).

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Alright, as long as the employees are pretty lax. besides you cant SEE the screen anyway, the phone is pitch black (the only place it's readable in is my kitchen under direct lighting).

I just dont want them to find out it's rooted. Push come to shove i'll just take a hammer to the phone...

Trust us your not the only one and Sprint
Techs have done this sort of thing lots of times.

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

errbin

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Good luck the last time I walked into a sprint store with a rooted phone they acted like it was going to bite them

sent from a EVO that survived a Apple attack... thug life

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95