Not receiving calls or texts

gt5059b

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Anyone having an issue with not receiving calls or texts? I can make calls and the phone was working fine a week ago. I'm in the Atlanta area.

I noticed this problem a couple days ago and thought it was just a glitch, but not anymore. I haven't called Sprint yet, but plan to do and just wondering if anyone else seen this. I googled and found a couple other posts on other sites talking about this, but no resolution even after calling Sprint. Doesn't see widespread or alot of people affected...

FYI, calling my number and the caller will hear the ringing, but nothing on my phone and eventually will go to voicemail. I get no notification of the voicemail or texts. Once I make a phonecall, any voicemails or texts I've received will then show up on the phone.

Also, tried doing factory reset, updating profile and prl, but nothing works.

thanks

miicho85

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes my phone has been acting up since Thursday , thing is i didn't know til my mother told me that she kept on calling me and it went straight to voicemail, so i made a few calls to myself and she was right i finally called sprint, they had me reboot my phone and they must ve done something to it, i got like 50 texts and a bunch of voicemails i was so pissed off, sprint basically ruined my weekend.

gt5059b

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to report that customer support was able to solve my issue in about 15 minutes. After looking at the MDN and MSID; She had me enter some ## number which started the hands free activation process again. After that, everything is working again.

Gladius Nova

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to report that customer support was able to solve my issue in about 15 minutes. After looking at the MDN and MSID; She had me enter some ## number which started the hands free activation process again. After that, everything is working again.

But will it stay stable? Let us know....very interested.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

kevinsturf

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
But will it stay stable? Let us know....very interested.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

This happened to me during the first week I had the phone. Called up Sprint and the technician sent me into this menu with the MSID number and they reseted and reactivated the device. Since that incident, I haven't had the problem again.

psm9

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Happened to me, too.
I use Google voice. When I called my EVO from my home number, the EVO never rang. After 4-5 rings, the call went to Voicemail.
I called Sprint. They had me turn my phone off. then, she "Reset" my phone and I turned it off. I can't figure out what she might have done on her end.
That seemed to fix the text issue, but calls still didn't go through.

I read somewhere online about a similar problem with google voice.
I logged out, deleted the app, then re-downloaded it and logged in

Since then, everything seems fine

delthor7

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Same thing happened to me. Instead of just refreshing my data profile, phone tech support 'reloaded' it. I had to enter some numbers too, and then minutes later I started getting a flood of missed texts and voicemails.

gt5059b

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Happened to me, too.
I use Google voice. When I called my EVO from my home number, the EVO never rang. After 4-5 rings, the call went to Voicemail.
I called Sprint. They had me turn my phone off. then, she "Reset" my phone and I turned it off. I can't figure out what she might have done on her end.
That seemed to fix the text issue, but calls still didn't go through.

I read somewhere online about a similar problem with google voice.
I logged out, deleted the app, then re-downloaded it and logged in

Since then, everything seems fine

I use Google Voice as well (though separate # and w/o voicemail integration). I didn't try to uninstall it, but will try that if I get the problem again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana