HTC watch issue

p2cactus

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded a movie on HTC watch last night. When I go to start it, it says it is unable to download the license. I have rented two other movie without issue-before I rooted! Does anyone know if root breaks HTC watch?

Thanks for the help!

EVOLTE and AC FTW!

Vysse

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded a movie on HTC watch last night. When I go to start it, it says it is unable to download the license. I have rented two other movie without issue-before I rooted! Does anyone know if root breaks HTC watch?

Thanks for the help!

EVOLTE and AC FTW!

More than likely yes... not she tbh though.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

p2cactus

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. Too bad...I like the watch app. They usually have done good weekly deals on decent movies.

EVOLTE and AC FTW!

modestdave

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I have an HTC One S and I have had similar problems, with two different phones now (I replaced my first HTC One S primarily because of this problem). Both phones initially worked. I was able to download and watch movies from HTC Watch. But, within days began giving me the same "Unable to Download License" message. I never rooted or installed dubious apps. HTC tech support were unable to help.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
HTC Watch worked well for me prior to root.
Rooted and didnt work. After a week or two of being rooted i went back to stock. Once i was back on stock it started working fine..

I do wish they would bring back the weekend movie deals they had a few months back. I rather enjoyed renting them and watching them for a nickel.