Bending in Evo's aluminum band?

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Like the string goes.. no picture, no problem.:beer::D
The thread has 11 pages. Had you taken the time to read through them you would have found many mentions of posters' devices bending after being in the front pocket, never in the back, which brought up the issue of perhaps a weak point in the aluminum frame where the top plastic half meets the kickstand. A few posted photos of their phones. There might be an inherent weak spot right there. It's worth a mention if people, who don't ridiculously sit on their devices, are finding a slight bend in the aluminum frame where the top plastic half meets the kickstand. There might be an inherent weak spot right there. It's worth a mention if people, who don't ridiculously sit on their devices, are finding a slight bend in the frame.
At the very least I'm certain every one of you checked your frame and will have that in mind in the future. No device build is perfect. On this board alone posters have mentioned build issues.
You may have the perfect device, but remember, just because it's sunny in your town doesn't mean it's not storming somewhere else.
Information is power.

from Evo4G LTE on Tapatalk 2

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Pro-tip: When quoting a forum post, put your reply to that quote after the end-quote tag. That way people can differentiate between what you wrote versus what you quoted.

Thank you for posting this up and calling wider attention to it. Like you said, at the very least it will cause people to check their phones and maybe change their habits in how they carry them. Yes, I was being a smart-a$$ earlier, especially to your post over on the S3 side. Information is power, but plain-old common sense applies as well.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Shhhh. It's just that new personalized egronomical curve.

See the one Samsung uses is generic and is custom fit to everones hand not making it perfect.

What HTC has done here is make a egronmoic curve that forms after time by learning the natural curve of your hand.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
We ask for bigger and bigger screens, better battery life, and thinner and thinner phones. Then we have to put them in cases that make them bulkier than if the manufacturer had just make it a little sturdier to begin with.

Sometimes I think we were better off with those old Motorola flip phones that you could use as a weapon in a pinch.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I do not know anyone who puts their cell phone in their back pocket and sits down on it . These are phones not toys and anyone who misuses them in anyway deserves what they get. That included drying them in a microwave.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
If you had actually read the linked thread, you'd know that many of those seeing the problem say they never put their phone in their back pocket. Ah, but what do facts matter when it's so much faster to simply leap to conclusions?

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
If you had actually read the linked thread, you'd know that many of those seeing the problem say they never put their phone in their back pocket. Ah, but what do facts matter when it's so much faster to simply leap to conclusions?

I did read the whole thread thank you. I read where someone took the phone apart sanded it while applying lots of pressure on it and no bending at all. I also have carried My phone in my front pocket when going out and have not experienced any bending. I bike, hike and spend lots outdoors with my phone in front pocket and not even a slight bend. If a few people say they bent it with out any pressure, I find that very hard to believe. Everything has its limitations in regard to strength and even this phone, I believe could bend if you applied enough force. I would add as with any phone of its size it has limitations.
Story from God and Evo...
42575514-fb1b-73e7.jpg

Last edited:

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I just found that mine is warped from corner to corner. I've had it in a thick silicone case, the one Sprint sent, and just switched to a thin shell case and noticed when I put it face down it rocked. Thought maybe the case was warped so I took it off and the case does not rock when face down. I always carry it in my loose front pocket. I'm not going to try and straighten it out.

Rsximporter99

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
my buddies and I actually had a conversation regarding this and came to the conclusion that most people that put their phones in their back pocket are women and that they usually do it because their pant pockets are small in the front. Its quite frustrating to see them put expensive technology on their back side, yet also a good a excuse to check out their behinds :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wacky23