How to use Google Wallet?

fgcchevy

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
I have tried twice using it at the same circle k. The first time I tried it, I got the blue light to turn on, but the cashier said it was being declined?

The second time I went, I didn't get anything happening on the phone at all! The cashier told me them machines were the old machines? I will try it at a CVS next time I go out.

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I tried at CVS and nothing would happen when the "tap device again to complete transaction" message would come on... any advice?

Do you have a thick case on your phone? Or something metal around it? That's all I can think of if it won't register "at all".

Personally, I found myself a bit disappointed in the "offers" section of google wallet. There were redeemable coupons for stores like old navy, American Eagle, and Gap. I tried the AE one, and even though it said it redeemed the offer, I didn't get 15% off of my purchase, and it didn't show up on the receipt. I read the fine print and it said "only in participating Bay Area stores". I then went through the rest of the available offers and they all said that. Great...guess I'm out of luck for not living in SF. Also the reward card options are pretty lame. Foot locker, office max, and American Eagle? That's it? woohoo

tuccman

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Are you saying you tried tapping again and it didn't work?

Yeah exactly. I'd tap it once... then it'd ask me to enter my pin. After entering my pin it'd ask me to tap the device again to complete the transaction. When I do that nothing happens. I do not have a case on my phone but it's obviously reading it the first time around or Google Wallet wouldn't start up and ask me for my pin in the first place

tuccman

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a thick case on your phone? Or something metal around it? That's all I can think of if it won't register "at all".

Personally, I found myself a bit disappointed in the "offers" section of google wallet. There were redeemable coupons for stores like old navy, American Eagle, and Gap. I tried the AE one, and even though it said it redeemed the offer, I didn't get 15% off of my purchase, and it didn't show up on the receipt. I read the fine print and it said "only in participating Bay Area stores". I then went through the rest of the available offers and they all said that. Great...guess I'm out of luck for not living in SF. Also the reward card options are pretty lame. Foot locker, office max, and American Eagle? That's it? woohoo

I have no thick case or anything around it. I think I explained my situation incorrectly. It would register at first and ask my for my pin. After entering my pin my phone would ask me to tap device again to complete transaction. When I would tap the device again nothing would happen. Do you think I simply need to hold it there longer? Or is it maybe its not "turned on" on the register/paypass device?

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah exactly. I'd tap it once... then it'd ask me to enter my pin. After entering my pin it'd ask me to tap the device again to complete the transaction. When I do that nothing happens. I do not have a case on my phone but it's obviously reading it the first time around or Google Wallet wouldn't start up and ask me for my pin in the first place

Not sure what's wrong. Try entering your pin first. That way you can do the transaction with only one tap.

imtravis

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
When i tried it, I had the screen unlocked and at the home screen.. put it on the "PayPass", and then it came up with google wallet, I picked up the phone and entered my pin, and that was it..

chappo2000

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
I haven't used it yet. However, I was disappointed that my citi mastercard wasn't supported when I tried to register it. It's a AT&T Universal Citi Mastercard. I'm guessing it needs to have the "paypass" logo on the card in order for it to work? Mine doesn't.

datboyjfresh86

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I tried it at my 7-11 and it worked flawlessly. I logged into my Wallet account, tapped my phone on the pay pass thingy, and my purchase was approved. The people there were shocked lol.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

ntorres6

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok...don't know if this solved it for me, or just that the McDonalds had a working station...but, I had read somewhere else on another thread about someone else's GW not working because he had an expired credit card on his google account...sure enough, I logged in and checked and I had an expired card listed...I went ahead and deleted the card...now, this morning it worked at McDonalds, no problems...the only thing is that I didn't get a transaction come up in my GW app...

snobum

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
So far it's been working fine for me. When it doesn't work, I try my credit card that has paypass in it and every time it was the reader not working correctly.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
OK I think at this point it's safe to say that it's functional, but some of the readers out there are not.

I've yet to be able to get a reader at a gas pump to work, but the station I went to it worked just fine inside. This is a new station though, maybe been open for six months. Both 7-11s I went to worked on the first try. Haven't tried a McDonald's or anywhere else though.

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I finally got it to work today at a Rite Aid. I literally made it a mission today to find a place it would work. It took going to 8 different places to find one that worked. I think I'm going to get a refund on the money I put on the prepaid card.

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Some steps you should be aware of when using Google Wallet:

1. Make sure NFC is turned on. This is on by default. I turn it off until I need it to save battery power.
2. Make sure your balance and User ID is displayed before you go in the store. I have had problems with it not loading on 3G while I am in the store at a particular location. Signal probably wasn't good inside.
3. THE SCREEN MUST BE ON TO WORK!!!!! I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working and i checked the app and while the screen was still on it finally worked.

These are some tips. Hope they help.

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I've used it at 7 eleven a couple times, mc donalds and best buy, all times I've tried using it worked and only took 3 secs tops to go thru. I'll see all four lights on the credit card machines paywave icon light up when it does go thru.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

icenija

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Do I need a google wallet card or can I use my US Bank card ?

The only credit card accepted right now is the Citi MasterCard but you can use any credit card or debit card you choose. Just click the Google Prepaid Card and use whatever card you like to add funds to it.

Ice

Emmanuel11

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
The only credit card accepted right now is the Citi MasterCard but you can use any credit card or debit card you choose. Just click the Google Prepaid Card and use whatever card you like to add funds to it.

Ice

Oh ok so I really gotta use the google card thank :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa