Switching from CDMA to LTE/CDMA I lose ALL Data Connection

Husker Z

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm going nuts trying to figure out what the heck is going on with my EVO. I know that LTE is live around a lot of KC right now, so I figured I would flip over to it on my phone. Well, when I do that, I lose all data connectivity and it won't connect to any tower, 3G, 1G, LTE, nothing.

When I go to the settings screen, the Mobile Network just says "turning on", then blinks something really fast, I think "disconnected" then goes back to "turning on", but it never turns on and eventually stops on "disconnected".

When I flip back over to CDMA, data fires right back up, but of course just 3G. I'm losing my mind!

I am rooted and running Fresh's latest ROM. But, I am considering un-rooting this morning and see if that does anything, but I know many other rooted users have seen 4G come on.

Anyone else have an issue like this?

mggm100

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I have the reverse issue. It connects only with LTE/CDMA and will not connect with CDMA only. At one point it would not connect at all. Sprint customer service did something to my profile to get it to connect again, but it has never connected with CDMA only since then.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm going nuts trying to figure out what the heck is going on with my EVO. I know that LTE is live around a lot of KC right now, so I figured I would flip over to it on my phone. Well, when I do that, I lose all data connectivity and it won't connect to any tower, 3G, 1G, LTE, nothing.

When I go to the settings screen, the Mobile Network just says "turning on", then blinks something really fast, I think "disconnected" then goes back to "turning on", but it never turns on and eventually stops on "disconnected".

When I flip back over to CDMA, data fires right back up, but of course just 3G. I'm losing my mind!

I am rooted and running Fresh's latest ROM. But, I am considering un-rooting this morning and see if that does anything, but I know many other rooted users have seen 4G come on.

Anyone else have an issue like this?

I haven't been following Fresh's ROM. Has he rebaselined to the 1.22 update? If so, have you flashed the new radios/firmware to go with it? Have you updated PRL/PRI?

Husker Z

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's back working now, but still no 4G seen yet.

I updated my profile and prl.

Not sure if he has updated with the 1.22 yet.

I'm going to unroot and see what happens.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

onelovekir

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
i have the same issue as mggm... but the only difference is, is that sometimes it doesn't matter what i am on i lose data all together and i can't get it back for a couple days...its so frustrating!!

husker...did unrooting by any chance work for you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38