Google Wallet updated to work with all major credit debit cards

NudePygmys

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Just dropped into the Play Store to see an update for Google Wallet that allows access for all major credit and debit cards. I happen to use PNC bank and it re-created the trademark orange debit card that they issued me along side the pre-paid card that I've been using thus far. Anyone else see the update or have similar success with this?

Reactions: ginglish

icenija

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I saw the update installing when I got out of my meeting. Picked up all the cards I've ever used on my Google account, even the expired ones. They were easily removed. Glad to see the update, I will try it out later. Nice to be able to use any card I want instead of reloading the prepaid card.

Ice

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Android Central Forums

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Well, I'd be celebrating about that right now but apparently the update also disables wallet for rooted devices. *grumbles darkly*

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
That's good, I have been dying to try it. I thought it was pretty stupid that it did not take all debit cards.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Well, I'd be celebrating about that right now but apparently the update also disables wallet for rooted devices. *grumbles darkly*

Working just fine for me, and I'm rooted. Even though it says "Device Not Supported" it still works fine.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Tawp

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Google Wallet updated to work with all major credit debit car

Be aware, if the Credit/Debit card you are using is not a "directly enabled" Google Wallet card (Google Prepaid or Citigroup Card), it uses a virtual MasterCard as a go between. So, if you have rewards card linked, your credit card company will see it as a "Google *merchant" purchase and not from the specific vendor. You may NOT receive the rewards/% back.

Add any credit or signature debit card - Wallet Help
Credit card rewards with Google Wallet - Wallet Help

gregisonfire

May 15, 2011
Visit site

Just dropped into the Play Store to see an update for Google Wallet that allows access for all major credit and debit cards. I happen to use PNC bank and it re-created the trademark orange debit card that they issued me along side the pre-paid card that I've been using thus far. Anyone else see the update or have similar success with this?

Did it make it the orange card automatically? Mine's not doing that and I would like it to to make it easier to pick cards from first glance rather than staring at the number.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
After the update it seems to be stuck on the initialize screen. It was fine before the update. EDIT :went into settings /apps and cleared all data. That did the trick.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

Last edited:

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site

They removed the "how to make a purchase" link or whatever it said. Do you still just have to have the phone screen active and not necessarily in the wallet app? I've yet to get it to work anywhere but will try again with this update. I'm not rooted and the update went fine and shows all my cards.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Right in the app there is a how to button, it is still there. Right at bottom.
6c318f98-acad-3cdc.jpg

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

G3TCASHM0N3Y

May 17, 2012
Visit site
The key is have found to making it work is going into settings and setting the app timeout for 30 minutes, and unlocking it within 30 minutes of attempting a purchase. Hope it helps!

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site

That is definitely strange

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

I'll just have to give it a try again. It's been embarrassing holding up the line while I wave my phone over the PayPass scanner.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site

Also, I'm curious what the following statement on their blog means. I guess I need to use up the money I put on the Google card before they whack it.

* For now, Google Prepaid Cards and some Citi MasterCard cards will remain active until Google Wallet can remotely connect and reset your mobile wallet.​

They also had this on there.

Quick tip: lot of questions about the need for Internet connectivity while using the Wallet app. You will need an Internet connection to enter a credit card; to change the selected payment card; and to see transaction details. However, you will not need an Internet connection to actually make a payment in-store if you have previously selected a card.​

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

Do you have to tell the cashier it's a credit transaction before you tap your phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress