3 issues, looking for super awesome fixes

zeravla531

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I like my Evo sometimes but 3 things really bother me and I haven't seen any fixes or i didn't search too well (sorry in advance)

1. I use Chrome and when I make Chrome my default browser under App Associations, it reverts back to Browser every time I reboot my phone.

2. When I'm texting, and I receive a text from a different person, I see the notification on top, but then it doesn't stay in the notification bar. It disappears. This never has just started happening, but a reboot has not fixed it.

3. I know this is a common issue, so this is more of asking advice. I like Sense, but anytime I use a memory heavy app, Sense gets closed and reloads once i go back out of the homescreen. This is extremely frustrating when I'm using Chrome, or Youtube or whatever and i exit the app and have to wait for Sense to reload. I don't believe there's a fix for this yet. I have fiddled with the memory settings to no avail. Does using a 3rd party launcher fix this?

Thanks,

Vysse

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I like my Evo sometimes but 3 things really bother me and I haven't seen any fixes or i didn't search too well (sorry in advance)

1. I use Chrome and when I make Chrome my default browser under App Associations, it reverts back to Browser every time I reboot my phone.

2. When I'm texting, and I receive a text from a different person, I see the notification on top, but then it doesn't stay in the notification bar. It disappears. This never has just started happening, but a reboot has not fixed it.

3. I know this is a common issue, so this is more of asking advice. I like Sense, but anytime I use a memory heavy app, Sense gets closed and reloads once i go back out of the homescreen. This is extremely frustrating when I'm using Chrome, or Youtube or whatever and i exit the app and have to wait for Sense to reload. I don't believe there's a fix for this yet. I have fiddled with the memory settings to no avail. Does using a 3rd party launcher fix this?

Thanks,

1. Unsure

2. This is behaving as intended. If your in an app the notification for it should be brief.

3. I think other launchers are less resource intensive but unsure.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Reactions: zeravla531

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
1. I'm not running a sense rom right now so I may be a little off, but you may need to clear defaults for Internet browser. Try this: settings -> apps -> all -> scroll down to Internet -> tap it, scroll up a little, and tap clear defaults.

3. Third party launchers do help. Apex or Nova are the ICS-based launchers of choice for most. I personally run Nova.

Reactions: zeravla531

zeravla531

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
1. I'm not running a sense rom right now so I may be a little off, but you may need to clear defaults for Internet browser. Try this: settings -> apps -> all -> scroll down to Internet -> tap it, scroll up a little, and tap clear defaults.

3. Third party launchers do help. Apex or Nova are the ICS-based launchers of choice for most. I personally run Nova.

"Clear defaults" was grayed out, i assume because i set my app association to Chrome. Next time the problem occurs, maybe i'll clear the defaults prior to setitng my app association back to Chomr.

I'll have to try Nova or Apex. Thanks