Any new news of a jelly bean update?

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have any new information regarding the EVO LTE getting the jelly bean update ??

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Until the flash player quits working I will likely not upgrade to it until it becomes unusable. I use it quite a lot and as far as I know it's not supported in 4.1 :(

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
The hox will probably get it before we will. It's been guaranteed for them, but our device falls under the "still evaluating" banner. Considering we have basically the same device as the hox, I think a riot would start if we didn't get jb, but that might take a while.

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Until the flash player quits working I will likely not upgrade to it until it becomes unusable. I use it quite a lot and as far as I know it's not supported in 4.1 :(

Flash works fine you just have to side load it

bas.androiddev

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I wish JB would hurry up on this phone, I have the Nexus 7 and I cant beam photos between devices. Apparently photo and video beaming isnt supported in ICS but it is in JB.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm still placing my bet on seeing it by the end of October, if not by then, certainly by the end of December. If they don't do it fast enough for my first bet though, I'll be writing another editorial on why HTC isn't doing so well in the US, putting emphasis on timely updates

G3TCASHM0N3Y

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm as excited as any of you for jelly Bean, but I would say overall that HTC has done a good job with updating this phone regularly. More so than any other device I can think of, even my Nexus 7.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

jimmyg41

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm still placing my bet on seeing it by the end of October, if not by then, certainly by the end of December. If they don't do it fast enough for my first bet though, I'll be writing another editorial on why HTC isn't doing so well in the US, putting emphasis on timely updates

I read somewhere that the One X might get it at the end of December or January so I wouldn't count on us getting it any sooner than that.

Pew446

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
If CM10 just had the sense camera, all would be good for me. I cannot stand the CM10 camera on my EVO, I feel like I spent more money for a camera I can't use. Then again, I switch back to stock and I feel like I paid more money for a slow phone with no multitasking. It's one or the other, and I really want what I paid for.. both. If that's the only update we get, even if it's not JB, if we can have decent multitasking and overall speed improvements, I'd be happy. That's me.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I read somewhere that the One X might get it at the end of December or January so I wouldn't count on us getting it any sooner than that.

I would not go by that, nobody thought sprints galaxy nexus would get jellybean before Verizon but it did.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
If CM10 just had the sense camera, all would be good for me. I cannot stand the CM10 camera on my EVO, I feel like I spent more money for a camera I can't use. Then again, I switch back to stock and I feel like I paid more money for a slow phone with no multitasking. It's one or the other, and I really want what I paid for.. both. If that's the only update we get, even if it's not JB, if we can have decent multitasking and overall speed improvements, I'd be happy. That's me.

Yeah, I'd love to have someone port the sense camera to CM10. The forum posts at xda that I've seen on the subject so far have claimed it's impossible due to framework compatibilities. Personally and with my knowledge of Android I don't buy that. It's of course not an easy porting process but I believe it's possible.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site

I agree that we won't get it before the One X but there haven't been any officially announced dates yet. All I can say is that especially for the One X since it came out before the Evo LTE. Not updating it sooner than that will piss a lot of people off.

jimmyg41

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I would not go by that, nobody thought sprints galaxy nexus would get jellybean before Verizon but it did.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

I agree that there is no 100% certainty that we wouldn't get it before. The example you gave is a bit different I think though cause HTC announced the upgrade to this line of phones (not carrier specific) and didn't include the EVO LTE:

HTC One X Owners, Get Ready To Wait. Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Might Not Hit Until Late December. | Gadgetsteria

The Google probably sent the updates to the carriers for the GNEX and Sprint just beat Verizon to the update.

rsk2mc

Banned
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
If you think you use flash a lot disable it in the browser settings and browse, I bet you won't notice. If your using Chrome, it doesn't have flash either. Html 5 is more stable than flash, mobile flash has always been unstable but what we think uses flash really isn't. If you don't believe use Chrome or disable flash in browser, I'm running asop jelly bean and this is the smoothest android experience I've ever seen. I've been on Android since the beginning and nothing compares to jb. Don't be discouraged by flash, I promise you that you don't use it like you think you do

Sent from the blob fish (if you don't know what a blobfish is, Google it)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall