Music skips over bluetooth

everlast316

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I've seen posts about people who have issues connecting to bluetooth. I don't have that, but I have an issue where when I'm streaming music via bluetooth to my HMDX jam speaker, the music will skip. This happens with several apps (Pandora, 8tracks, Google Music, songza). It's not the wifi because it plays flawlessly when connected to a wired speaker. It's not the speaker, because my wife's iphone plays perfectly with it.

Just wondering if anyone else had this issue or an idea for a fix. I'm stock and just got the latest update...which I love btw!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

celticking

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I thought Bluetooth was fixed in the latest ota. I'm on a custom rom so I don't know if it works. Maybe the latest firmware fixes the issue.

everlast316

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I did do the update and the problem still exists. But now I'm thinking that it might not be bluetooth... It may be that the processor is doing things, which causes the music to skip or lag a bit because then it goes back to playing normally. Once in a while it will play fine for a decent stretch (a few minutes) then it will start skipping again.

Does this make any sense? I'm not very tech savvy about processing power so maybe what I'm saying is dumb... But just wanted to throw a guess out there.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Mtnpilot

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem while listening to music that is actually on the SD card. I am using a jaybird bluetooth headset. The music files are not corrupted as it will play a song fine sometimes and then skip at other times. I am thinking that it may be an app that is interrupting the bluetooth somehow, but I haven't been able to isolate anything in particular. I am stock and have the latest updates as well. I also use a Plantronics Pro headset for talking on the phone, and occasionally the phone will drop my voice transmissions even though I can still hear the person on the other end. In other words, I can hear them, but they can't hear me. I can only fix it by disconnecting and then reconnecting the headset. The headset works fine on other phones. I'm not sure if these two problems are linked somehow or not. It seems to have started after the latest update as far as I can tell. Have not talked to HTC about it yet.

Update..... spoke to soon about having the lastest updates. I see there is an update that just came out (3.16.651.3.710D). Am updating phone now and will see if there is any change with the new one. :confused:

Update #2......after updating to 3.16.651.3.710D...........listened to same music on SD that was skipping before using same jaybird headset. Update seems to have fixed the music skip I was getting before the update. Ran thru my whole exercise routine (which is when I listen using bluetooth headset) without a single hitch. Haven't tried any voice conversations yet to see if that problem is fixed as well. :D

Last edited: