Does anyone know why the evo video is different format in portrait than landscape?

deadeye99

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
My EVO4glte takes video in mp4. I have not been able to play back any video on my computer that is taken in portrait, vertical, mode but if i tilt the camera sideways to landscape it plays beautifully. I have not been able to find and codecs or players to help. Thanks for any ideas. Bob

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
My EVO4glte takes video in mp4. I have not been able to play back any video on my computer that is taken in portrait, vertical, mode but if i tilt the camera sideways to landscape it plays beautifully. I have not been able to find and codecs or players to help. Thanks for any ideas. Bob

I'll check out whether I can duplicate or figure this out later tonight when I'm home. That's weird. What I want to know is why the hell it records in exactly 29fps or lists itself as doing so on the computer. That always messes up post production audio syncing for me.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

deadeye99

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Update, I found a list of codecs for mp4 on windows 7 and it fixed the issue. Last time I tried it didn't work. Thanks, Bob