Screen went out

BlackedOutLT1

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else had this issue with the EVO? The phone was running fine until this morning, when all of a sudden the screen went blank and I haven't been able to get it to come back on. You can still control the phone with the touchscreen but there is no picture. I have also tried to hard reset with the power button to no avail. :mad:

Edit: I'm sure I will be asked, so.. No there hasn't been any water damage to the phone or other physical damage except for a small scratch on the screen which is over 4 months old.

Last edited:

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like the lcd backlight is out. Try this, if you go into a completely dark room, can you see any image at all? Happened to my son's phone (but he dropped his).

How long have you had the phone? If less than a year, I'd take it to a sprint store and see if they will replace it under warranty. Of course they will go over it with a fine toothed comb and if there are any knicks or scratches on the body they can claim it was dropped.

If you've had it more than a year, do you have insurance on it (through sprint/best buy/someone else)?

Jeff Harris

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
my lcd went bad after 9 months! it was pixalated, and flickering. HTC covered the repair under factory warranty. they had it approx. 3-4 days.