Can't UNroot

PreGk

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I need to unroot, I rooted with SimpleRoot and flashed a custom ROM. I didn't make any backups of the stock ROM. Can anyone offer me advice? I tried the HTC android ROM update utility but it keeps throwing an error saying that it cant update my phone.
Thanks

PreGk

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Liquid, but the rom in the link seems to provide a stock ROM while leaving the phone rooted. I am trying to unroot and put everything back to stock.

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
ahhh, well you see, that will restore everything to factory defaults, except for having root access, theres not really a way (that at least I've been able to track down) to unroot yet.

[Edit] you can try this method, and be the first to let me know if it works

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBu6GsRZMdI&feature=youtube_gdata

Personally it doesn't sound very professional... but for all intensive purposes it looks legit.

Last edited:

PreGk

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't work, it finds my phone and image version but when it tries to run, I get an error, seems like it cant get into the bootloader.

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
damn, i'm really going to hate re-rooting, but maybe i can test out the new root method too, no sleep for me tonight =(

[update] Method 1. Tried to flash the zip file extracted from the ruu. -Result = Fail

Last edited:

MirrorMMO

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Resetting phone
Press HOME, then MENU and tap Settings.
Scroll down and touch and SD Card memory.
Find the phone's internal memory section, then tap Reset. factory default.
On the Reset screen. factory settings, tap Reset the phone. Enter your schedule

Source: Tech arena

Resetting the phone will erase all data, including downloaded applications, and restores the factory settings of the phone, that is to say, the state it was before you do not turn for the first time.
Important: you should back up all important data present on the phone before restore its factory settings.
Note: You can download and reinstall all applications on Android Market purchased phone.

PreGk

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
damn, i'm really going to hate re-rooting, but maybe i can test out the new root method too, no sleep for me tonight =(

[update] Method 1. Tried to flash the zip file extracted from the ruu. -Result = Fail

Damn, was hoping it would work....Well, I guess I'll test Baked Snack for another day until an unroot method comes out.

Land Master

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Holy $hit...this is un-comforting news. I always thought it was as simple as running the RUU (exe) file. Apparently not.

I only envisioned un-rooting in the case of warranty work or other issues that might be handled by Sprint. Always figured I would run some type of "modded" ROM. Guess I'm glad there was a guinea pig before me.

LiquidJesus....You are a cool cat and very helpful...Its not even your problem and you are on the clock fixing it...Good news for androgk as well as n00b's like myself.

I will be following your progress. Keep us posted... THANKS from me and I'm certain on behalf of him!

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
@ androgk can you give me some details about the error that you get from ruu and what kind of os is on your pc?

**I second that lj is a very cool and helpful guy.

Land Master

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I guess I either didn't read thoroughly, I'm tired or just confused. :eek:

Can't figure out if RUU was tried or not? Was always under the assumption that you simply ran an executable with the phone hooked up.

Flashing an "extracted zip file"....I'm having root flashbacks. :D

Just keepin' it light guys...carry on..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch