"accounts" issue

bluger

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
First, I posted this in hacks/ROM forum because I suspect the issue has to do with root and/or flashing toasted.
Second, I noticed that email in my gmail account that I have sent are hanging in my out box and not getting sent. So, when I went to to the accounts menu under settings I get the following error: "The application Accounts & Sync (process com.htc.settings.accountsync) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." No change upon reboot. Any advice?
Also, when I go the actual gmail webpage, there is no record of the msg in either sent messages, drafts, or anywhere else.

mhespenh

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like the gmail app on your phone isn't connecting to Google at all. Are you using a task killer? It might be killing something it shouldn't. If so uninstall it and reboot and try to sync again.

If that doesn't work, try looking at the logcat when you sync and see what is happening. Failing that, I'd recommend a wipe/reflash :/

Either way, I'll give it a *bump* TTT.

Last edited:

bluger

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Thank you. I'll try removing/disabling ATK this evening when I get a second. For what it's worth, I can receive gmail messages without a problem. If that doesn't work, how do I look at the 'logcat'?

mhespenh

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Thank you. I'll try removing/disabling ATK this evening when I get a second. For what it's worth, I can receive gmail messages without a problem. If that doesn't work, how do I look at the 'logcat'?

Yea, task killers can cause a lot of problems if used incorrectly (or sometimes even if used "correctly"). Without trying to rekindle *that* debate, I wouldn't recommend using it- just let your little green friend (Android) handle task killing.

To view the logcat logs, you have to have the Android SDK installed on your computer- which I assume you have since you're rooted. Simply plug your phone into your computer, make sure USB Debugging is turned on in settings, and run

adb logcat

from your command prompt or terminal shell (on Mac./*nix). What it spits out is the debugging information your phone keeps while doing various things.

If the above is greek to you, I would just forget it since you probably wouldn't be able to do anything useful with the logs once you got them- no offense intended; we're getting pretty deep into the weeds here :D If you want to learn how to do it, do a little searching around here and google about ADB (the Android Debugging Bridge), as that is rather outside the scope of this thread, and rather involved.

Either way, if removing the task killer doesn't fix it, the easiest solution will probably be wiping and reflashing, sadly.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty