Evo Running Froyo 2.2 (OTA .6 Build) Cannot Root at This Time?

H20wakebum

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

I will make this short as I've gathered my theory is correct from reading plenty of forums.

I got my EVO LAST week, updated to 2.2 Froyo (OTA).

I wanted to get rid of the crappy Sprint Apps that auto start and need to root in order to do that.

My understanding is that at this time you CANNOT root the stock OTA 2.2 Froyo.

I did download AutoStarts, however, that app requires the phone to be rooted.

I only want to get rid of the bloatware, i don't want custom themese/roms/etc... Am i still correct, the only way is to root?

Thanks so much,
Robert

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

I will make this short as I've gathered my theory is correct from reading plenty of forums.

I got my EVO LAST week, updated to 2.2 Froyo (OTA).

I wanted to get rid of the crappy Sprint Apps that auto start and need to root in order to do that.

My understanding is that at this time you CANNOT root the stock OTA 2.2 Froyo.

I did download AutoStarts, however, that app requires the phone to be rooted.

I only want to get rid of the bloatware, i don't want custom themese/roms/etc... Am i still correct, the only way is to root?

Thanks so much,
Robert

Hmmm

Technically I think you need to be considering you need to do an ADB Shell but i could be wrong...

I'd need a Non Root Evo in Front of me to verify

H20wakebum

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Whats your email?

I'll send mine over ;-)

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I really like the autostarts app (have you played with) as it shows you what apps start when a different event occurs (for instance, a new SMS will open Sprint Navigator).

It then allows you to disable the applications from starting based off the different system events.

The only other reason I wanted to root was to get usb tethering (only need it for me) but I set the USB debug mode to enabled and downloaded PDANet and BAM it worked.

At this point would you recommend just being patient (on the wanting to remove bloatware?... again, if i could not root that would be sweet).

Talk to you soon,

RR

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Whats your email?

I'll send mine over ;-)

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I really like the autostarts app (have you played with) as it shows you what apps start when a different event occurs (for instance, a new SMS will open Sprint Navigator).

It then allows you to disable the applications from starting based off the different system events.

The only other reason I wanted to root was to get usb tethering (only need it for me) but I set the USB debug mode to enabled and downloaded PDANet and BAM it worked.

At this point would you recommend just being patient (on the wanting to remove bloatware?... again, if i could not root that would be sweet).

Talk to you soon,

RR

Im Actually Full Root On Cyanogen Mod 6...

I don't Personally have these issues anymore...

Back when i was on the Stock 2.1 Root I was able to do all this with no problem...

Never used that app but Maybe i'll take a look at it...

Try Reading thru some threads lots of good info on here... :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87